Help!! Can't connect to my work WPA2 enterprise wifiSupport

1. kpjbeard

kpjbeard Member

OK I bought the new samsung Galaxy tab 10.1but cannot for the life of me connect it to my work's hidden Wpa2 enterprise wifi network. My IT guy couldn't figure it out either. I called samsung and they didn't know either. I can't imagine my office is the only office that has a wifi setup like mine. There has to be a way to do it. help!!

Advertisement
  2. woodsb123

woodsb123 Well-Known Member

I have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 also and my employer's wifi network is also setup with WPA2 Enterprise security. I was able to connect my tablet to our network with no issues. It's actually setup the same way you connect to any secured wifi network. The only differences are the configuration settings that you enter. As long as you or your IT person have the correct login credentials, it should work. Sorry I'm unable to assist with anything further.
  3. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

At what exact point do you have the problem? Can your tab see the network when you put the id in? See it but not connect? Ask for password then not connect? Connect but not give you internet access? As many details as possible, including exactly what errors messages say are very helpful!
  4. kpjbeard

kpjbeard Member

I set it all up and then two appear. one that is in range that says secured with WEP and the one I set up that says 802.1x EAP but it says not in range. when I go in to edit it, all of the settings i originally set up are gone, and it's back to a plain old WEP setup. This cycle continues.
  5. kpjbeard

kpjbeard Member

To further clarify. It's the stage 2 authentication that's the problem. No matter what I set it to, when I go back in it's set to none. That has the be the problem.
  6. shashankdombe

shashankdombe Member

In my situation I can connect and get access to local network, I can ping my laptop also, But no internet access.. Default gateway unreachable..
  7. hdog007

hdog007 Member

There are two different things I think you are confusing here... Encryption (WPA, WPA2, WEP, etc) and authentication (802.1x, LEAP, PEAP). Ask your IT peeps for these settings. Also, try CCKM

What form of EAP are they using? LEAP, PEAP, etc? Do they have a shared certificate, or do they use RADIUS for authentication. Is is CCKM?
  8. Benyong82

Benyong82 New Member

I set it all up and then two appear. one that is in range that says secured with WEP and the one I set up that says 802.1x EAP but it says not in range. when I go in to edit it, all of the settings i originally set up are gone, and it's back to a plain old WEP setup. This cycle continues.

Hey Pal ~ same goes to my place ~ but instead i had 2 different model but same brand CISCO same setup WPA 2 Enterprise ~
    I had same problem wit u but when i go to other office with newer CISCO brand it can b connected ~
    I had study a lot but still can't ~ might b cuz of the model too old?? i Mean the WIFI model ~

Mmm ~ ussually not really WIFI model too ~ althought i installed WIFI advance Configuration as my phone is not supported to connect to WPA Enterprise 2 ~

I tested blackberry bold 9900 or other old model ~ only blackberry really good at connecting to WPA ENTERPRISE 2 ~