• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help- cant get yahoo account set up on EVO 3D - Fool's Errand

You can also try email Yahoo support and see if they respond to you with an answer, they are usually quick for responding, may not always be what you want to hear, LOL worth a shot before it goes back, also have you tried a different native app, like K9Mail ?? I would also try emailing HTC support see if they have any suggestions.

Still no joy. Pretty bummed. I have 6 days left in the 30 day Sprint return window. As much as I hate to, I am considering going back to the iPhone. This may seem small and insignificant to a lot of you but it is a deal breaker for me. On the phone with Sprint right now. They want me to try some other troubleshooting.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Did a factory data reset. At this point all 4 accounts are working correctly. I did email Yahoo support. No response yet. I did try K-9 previously but it will not work with the 3rd party hosted exchange account I check. IIRC it does not have a new message counter on the icon either. The Gmail solution is not really a good fix because I also check these accounts on my laptop and need access to historical email and replies. Again this may seem like little things but I am trying to work more efficiently not less. These are things I could do without issue on my previous device. I just want to check all 4 accounts in one app and have that app notify me when new mail arrives.

I'm gonna let it idle for a day or two at this point. Hopefully the factory reset did it. You have all been helpful. Hopefully I can get this sorted out and become a contributing member of the forum in the future.

Upvote 0
But also keep in mind, that Marctronix has 3 Yahoo accounts set up and they are working, so I agree with him, maybe set up another dummy Yahoo account to test and see, worth a shot, and I am sure Yahoo will contact you, they are simply a little slower than Gmail for responses, thus the reason why I went to Gmail vs Yahoo, but that is me. Hope you resolve your issue

Did a factory data reset. At this point all 4 accounts are working correctly. I did email Yahoo support. No response yet. I did try K-9 previously but it will not work with the 3rd party hosted exchange account I check. IIRC it does not have a new message counter on the icon either. The Gmail solution is not really a good fix because I also check these accounts on my laptop and need access to historical email and replies. Again this may seem like little things but I am trying to work more efficiently not less. These are things I could do without issue on my previous device. I just want to check all 4 accounts in one app and have that app notify me when new mail arrives.

I'm gonna let it idle for a day or two at this point. Hopefully the factory reset did it. You have all been helpful. Hopefully I can get this sorted out and become a contributing member of the forum in the future.

Upvote 0
I thought I would update on my issue. After the factory data reset my email worked until correctly until this past Sunday. Then the same issue with fetching email started again. I gave it all day Sunday and Monday to start working again. I am sad to report that it never did. After a month of trying to make this work, My wife and I both returned our EVO 3Ds to sprint and ported our numbers back to AT&T. We were able to return to our old plan, activate our old iPhones and did not have to enter a new contract with AT&T. This will give me some time to re-evaluate. perhaps I will return to the forum at a later date with a different device.

Thanks for all the help you guys offered.

Matt

Upvote 0
Is anyone having a problem where your emails are being downloaded but they are being downloaded as read? In other words, you never get any notification on new email because the phone marks it as read right away. I've looked for an issue in settings, but haven't found anything. I haven't changed any settings since I first got the phone and this wasn't happening then.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Just an update in case anyone runs into this. I just got off of the phone with HTC and the issue appears to arise because the email account is a Yahoo account (account with ATT with swbell.net domain...all ATT accounts are now Yahoo powered) and Yahoo did some kind of update a couple of weeks ago that is messing things up on some phone. Tech support suggested the Yahoo Mail app, so I'm going to try that for a while and see how that works.

Upvote 0
Thought I would update my situation. I ended up with an HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile. I was having the same issues with Yahoo mail initially. I decided to try Enhanced Email and all is golden. I have been using Enhanced email for about 3 weeks now with no issues. Even the unread message count works correctly on the icon. This is one feature K-9 is missing.

Upvote 0
My Evo 3d wouldn't connect after a yahoo password change and was giving me a "cannot connect to the server" error. From suggestions here, I found that this somehow affected my gmail account too so first, I went to settings to delete the cache on the gmail account and the data and cache on the mail App. Second, I connected to the internet and the phone went though some type of refresh prior to connecting. After that, I just selected mail, yahoo, and let the phone go through the default yahoo setup again and it worked fine.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I want to set up my Yahoo mail to my Evo 3D phone using the mail widget on the home screen, NOT the Yahoo mail app. I can't seem to get it to set up. I tried following these instructions (posted on an android forum):

set up your Yahoo account via IMAP following the next steps:

- Go to mail icon

- Add account
- Enter email address in email address filed (name@yahoo.com)
- Enter password at password field
- Select MANUAL SETUP not next
- Select IMAP
* username= name@yahoo.com
* password = yourpassword
* IMAP server= imap.mail.yahoo.com
* port = 143
* security = none
* optional = blank
- Select NEXT

You will then be prompted to sign in do so.

Will then be taken to the SMPTP settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. Then select NEXT. Sign in. Name your account and that

Upvote 0
well i have had those setup across the EVO 3D and now the 4Glte. i know 100% those settings work.

perhaps you have some issues specific to your handset. check your data connection, maybe do a battery pull. again i assure you those settings are working for me and I use 3 different yahoo accounts.

have you ever been able to get yahoo mail working on your setup?

are you rooted? are you sprint or some other carrier?

do you have other mail accounts you are using?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones