Help!! Can't install new radio via recovery or Fastboot??

Last Updated:

1. pastydroid

pastydroid New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 27, 2010

I am fairly new to android but have been on a massive learning curve over the past few weeks

I have an HTC T mobile G1 that I have been trying to get installed with CYanogen Mod 5.08/6.0. I have followed the Wiki and have gone from a stock 1.6. Installed the RC7 DREAM.img. rooted via Telnet. Installed Amon Ra 1.7 recovery.img. Installed the HardSPL then tried to update the radio to which is where my progression came to a stand still.

I have istalled androidSDK and have accessed ADB and Fastboot.

No matter what I try I cannot get the updated radio to install ( reinstalling/ reformatting sd etc.)! Install from SD card via recovery, I get through the writing process to reboot where it says 'formatting cache', reboot check to see if installed but but radio remains. Via Fastboot it gets to writing radio.... failed <remote partition does not exist>.

Whilst I have been looking for an answer to this problem I have installed Cyanogen Mod with the current radio so that I can at leat use the phone. I do howveer really want to get to a 2.1 or 2.2 android build but can't obvioulsy install the dangerSPL until I have updated the radio.

Phones current status:

Model T-Mobile G1 (unlocked)
    Firmware 1.6
    Baseband version
    Kernel version shade@oxygene
    Mod Version CyanogenMod
    Build No. DRC83

Fastboot Screen display
    DREA110 PVT 32B

I have searched the forums until my eyes bleed without a solution so any help would be greatly appreciated:

Thanks PastyDroid (yes I'm Cornish)