• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP, Can't play music over blue tooth headset!!!

harleydad82

Jul 19, 2010
I looked at previous threads and could not find an answer for the Capitvate. I would like to listen to music or videos thru my blue tooth headset, It worked on my old samsung eternity, and i am having problems with my cappy. Any fixes, apps, or ideas i would greatly appreciate it. thanks ahead of time.

Wierd, I have the opposite problem, I keep getting media output when I don't want it.

Did you check your headset's settings under Settings -> Wireless and Network -> Bluetooth seetings. Press and hold on your device under bluetooth devices, a menu will pop up, select options. There are options there to enable phone output and media output. I always need to go in and un-check media to keep the mp3 output from going to my headset. Maybe yours is off by default?

Upvote 0
Not a silly question, i checked it again but Yes it is linked cuz i use it all the time for phone calls. when i play music with the stock media player then hit the menu button, then click on via bluetooth, then it searches for my headset even if it is already connected. What am i doin wrong? I did like the person said above and it is checked to use headset and not the phone when bluetooth is checked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones