HELP, Can't play music over blue tooth headset!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. harleydad82

harleydad82 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I looked at previous threads and could not find an answer for the Capitvate. I would like to listen to music or videos thru my blue tooth headset, It worked on my old samsung eternity, and i am having problems with my cappy. Any fixes, apps, or ideas i would greatly appreciate it. thanks ahead of time.

Advertisement
  2. Segfault

Segfault Well-Known Member

Wierd, I have the opposite problem, I keep getting media output when I don't want it.

Did you check your headset's settings under Settings -> Wireless and Network -> Bluetooth seetings. Press and hold on your device under bluetooth devices, a menu will pop up, select options. There are options there to enable phone output and media output. I always need to go in and un-check media to keep the mp3 output from going to my headset. Maybe yours is off by default?

3. ace35

ace35 Well-Known Member

i have the plantronics pro and it does not have any option but for phone, no media output shown.

???

4. Ductapemaster

Ductapemaster Member

This may be a silly question, but did you link the phone and the headset?

5. ace35

ace35 Well-Known Member

for me, yes, it is linked and i use it everyday, the menu is there but no option to play media to headset, just phone.

6. Killemall

Killemall Member

If you are having issues it's most likely because of your bluetooth headset config. I just got the Samsung WEP870 and it plays sounds from all media files, games, apps when connected to the Captivate. No special settings required.

7. harleydad82

Not a silly question, i checked it again but Yes it is linked cuz i use it all the time for phone calls. when i play music with the stock media player then hit the menu button, then click on via bluetooth, then it searches for my headset even if it is already connected. What am i doin wrong? I did like the person said above and it is checked to use headset and not the phone when bluetooth is checked.

8. Extract0r

Extract0r Well-Known Member

I think you need a bluetooth headset that supports A2DP.

9. harleydad82

My previous phone was the samsung eternity, and i was able to use the phone BT headset that i have now, and i was able to listen to stereo music thru it. I don't know what else to do.

10. harleydad82

I"m in the same boat as everyone else in here, it gives no option except for phone.

11. midi

midi Member

you could try installing BlueMusic software, this will make the sound transmission through bluetooth possible for mono bluetooth headsets and for a2dp.