Help! Can't remove PINSupport

1. Sailing_Nut

Sailing_Nut Well-Known Member

Hi all,

In an attempt to get my corporate e-mail to work with my phone I installed a certificate on the phone. ICS then forced me to enter a PIN to unlock the phone. Well, the certificate did not fix my e-mail problem and now I can't remove the PIN.

I can only select Pattern, PIN or Password. Anyone have any idea how I can get rid of the PIN?

I was willing to live with the PIN if I could get my corporate e-mail, but since I can't it's just a huge pain in my butt!

TIA!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

you probably have to remove the certificate first, reboot then the other options "should" be there.

That said you have a "smartphone" basically a personal computer with ALL your personal info. on it. To NOT use some form of security is just plain stupid, I'm sorry but it is...
  3. Sailing_Nut

Unfortunately deleting the certificate and rebooting did not allow me to remove the PIN.

@crashumbc Understand what you are saying but I do not keep anything on my phone that I am concerened with. If someone wants to harvest my phone numbers I am not concerened.
  4. RedWingsFanEd

RedWingsFanEd Active Member

Did you try going into Settings:Security:Clear Credentials (bottom most option)? That cleared up my problem when I did the same thing but I am on a rooted phone so don't know if the same will work on yours.
    Sailing_Nut likes this.
  5. Sailing_Nut

I didn't have the nerve to try that because it did not indicate if it was just user credentials or if it was everything. (Everything didn't seem likley, but did not want to risk it.)

I just did it and voila! It worked! Thanks so much!