• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! Cant view some sd card pics..

While trying to give my wife a 32 gig card I pulled out the 8 gig I had in there to pull off pics and temp. put on to PC however It will not show all of the photos with the micro adapter only half , but I did notice the ones that I cant see have a funny looking letter or something in front of the image # when I view them in the stock file manager is there some way they my have gotten encripted or something, I checked under encriptions and nothing is on . And also I cannot view anything from the sd card when I connect through USB cable It gives the option when I plug in to view phone storage or sd, I can see the card but it says all folders are empty ?? But I can see everything on phone storage . Any Ideas??

You may have corrupted some files if the cache was not cleared before you pulled it out, ie. you are meant to unmount the card first then pull it out.

Best bet is to mount the card on a desktop machine - copy it's entire contents to another folder. Then run error checking on the card. Android used to be able to mount the phone as a windows disk drive where you right click, properties, tools and then run error checking. Now on S4 and ICS, JB they only seem to support MTP which is harder to run error checking on. It's easier to use another card reader. Make sure you back up everything on the card first.

Reactions: Baltimoretint
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones