Help!!! (chompsms app)Support

Last Updated:

1. sallyclark2008

sallyclark2008 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a HTC Eris, and I just downloaded the chompsms application, and i would like to use that instead of the regular message application that came on the phone. But I dont know how to remove the default one so I can use the chompsms. My text are coming through both the default message app and the chompsms. Please help!!

Advertisement
  2. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

Go into the stock messenger click menu then settings, look for the notification and uncheck it. That will stop the double notification.

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

What Kobel suggested is the correct path to take, just make the stock messenger stop giving you notifications, don't actually delete it.
    I'm not SURE about this because I've never tested it myself, but I've heard that it's actually the stock messenger doing the work of sending and receiving messages and Chomps (or Handsent or whatever other SMS app you may use) is just a front end to the stock messenger. Like I say, I've never tested this theory by deleting the stock messenger, but I figure once the double notifications are gone it doesn't really hurt anything to have it there.

4. korosu

korosu New Member

don't delete the stock messenger as u wont be able to do MMS, unless u want to put a separate .apk

i'm still a n00b at rooting, so i wouldn't know how to do this, but i'm sure i've read somewhere that you can replace a .apk and remove the stock messenger from ur phone without losing MMS functionality.