1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Help choosing the caseTips

1. Atomicmachine

Atomicmachine Well-Known Member

Hi

I just got my new galaxy S4 from the insurance today. The old one crashed the glass and the lcd. :p

On this one I want to protect very well (the claim cost me

Advertisement
    :
  2. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

What were you using as a case before, if anything?

(FYI, I just have the cheap case Costco included for free.)
  3. Atomicmachine

I wasn't using anything at all.:banghead:
  4. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

5. Atomicmachine

6. Spewy

Spewy Well-Known Member

I have the spigen slim amour case. It is very well made and combines a rubber and polycarbonate body.
    Good as it is I love my phone naked.
    If you are interested you can buy it off me cheap.
    It is slate blue and black rubber. (the rubber is a hard rubber not the soft silicone type)
  7. meaghanyvonne

meaghanyvonne Active Member

Check out the Speck candy shell cases. There very appealing, had a hard shell with a rubber interior layer and is not bulky at all! I love the way it looks and feels :) worth the money
  8. meaghanyvonne

Sorry if im posting double i dont see my pist...check out the speck candy shell cases! Not bulky and has the hard layer with a rubber interior layer, comes in the coolest colours too. Very worth the money. Heres a couple i have bought.

Attached Files:

9. meaghanyvonne

Now I see I double posted, sorry my phone is being weird.... :S
  10. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I use the Outterbox Commuter case for my S4. (Not as bulky as the Defender)
  11. Atomicmachine

Do you still use screen protector with that cover?
  12. Spewy

Spewy Well-Known Member

Who is that question to? If me, no, I hate screen protectors, they may protect but make the screen look worse than if scratched. Just means I have to be extra careful.
  13. Atomicmachine

The question was for istsalgood
  14. meaghanyvonne

I watched a youtube video on how the s4 screen doesn''t scratch. He took a knife to it in all directions, a fork, a penny..ect. Not sure if that is true? But if so then you really don't need a screen protector.
  15. Atomicmachine

That Is a lie because my s4 was already with scratches on the screen before it crach. And I was very carefully with it.
  16. meaghanyvonne

Ah okay well I wasn't chancing it anyways. I have a screen protector on nine and I can't even tell it's there.
  17. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

If you really had been careful with it, it wouldn't have been scratched. Your definition of careful must be very different to mine.

I am careful and I have had an iPhone 3, Galaxy S2, iPhone 5 and a Galaxy S4 all of which saw very heavy use. I have never dropped any of them and haven't had a single scratch on a screen in 5 years.

That's careful.
  18. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

The video is very true. It is extremely difficult to scratch the Gorilla Glass with a knife or key or most other metal objects, but get a grain of sand between the glass and another hard surface and see how un-scratchable it is!!

BigRedGonzo
  19. akaivyleaf

akaivyleaf Well-Known Member

I guess I'm very careful with my phones.... My phone has become a fashion accessory I guess you could say. I change cases with my outfits and consequently have a huge case collection. (Moving from the S3 to the S4 hurt a little). I buy all of my cases from amazon.com for at the most, 5 bux, usually around a dollar. I don't care for bulk or for cases which detract from the lines of the phone and as I said earlier, I guess I'm careful.

I can't say that I've not dropped my phone, because I have, but I've never broken a phone or scratched a screen. No, I don't keep my phone in my purse at all - I can't hear it ring in there despite the claim that the volume is amplified in some way when the phone is in a pocket or purse, so I keep it in my hand 90% of the time.

I say all that to say, that for my use of the phone, cheapy cases have served me quite well over the years.
  20. reviewpro

reviewpro New Member

I am using speck candyshell grip. Excellent protection and worth the money. My younger brother using otterbox defender series and it's good too. Real waterproof case. However I find defender series too bulky and not my style.

Both of us bought our case mobijoystore.com
  21. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Yes I do. Probably don't need it, but since my phone is an investment, I choose to protect it. I use a Zagg Invisible Shield. (The case and screen protector cost a lot less then replacing my phone.)
  22. PickPatrick

PickPatrick Active Member

Had The Defender ...selling it for $30 (actually two cases and one belt hook). I just found it too bulky for me. Looking for a minimal rubber bumper.