Help - pop up/redirectionSupport

Last Updated:

1. JayNDX

JayNDX New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 22, 2010
    I got my droid x a few weeks ago and have been enjoying my first android phone (from BB Storm and Storm 2).
    Besides a wifi drop problem and some get used to, I haven't had any problems until today.
    I am not quite sure if this is a droid specific issue or not, so I decided to post here - hope it's okay.

The problem I am having right now is that a site pops up or redirect to the site while I am browsing or playing a game.

It never happened until today
    What I did today was
    1. Connected to a free wifi service at Atlanta Bread Company when we had a breakfast
    2. Tried to connect free wifi at Barns & Nobles, but didn't use it service.
    3 Downloaded a game called "Buka"

Since then whenever I am browsing using Dolphin, it redirects to the above site or creates a new tab with the site on automatically (BTW the site is blank and has not contents there at all).
    Also while I am playing Buka, all the sudden Dolphin with the site shows up and stops the game.
    When the phone comes back from a sleep mode, Dolphin is open with the site .... even though I closed Dolphin before I let the phone go sleep.

So, I uninstalled Buka, but it didn't help.
    I also uninstalled Dolphin but the same behavior happens to the default browser.

I googled and found out the cloudfront has something to do with Amazon site but I have never used it service before including Amazon MP3 prog came with this phone.

Can anyone help me with this annoying problem?
    Thank you very much

2. Gonkutron3000

Gonkutron3000 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I'm having the same problem! WTF?? Started happening after I installed stupid dolphin.
  3. BaadAndy

BaadAndy Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    I do not have any of the above Apps installed, I only downloaded one app from the market place and restored the rest ffrom my SD card and I did not have any issues before the new rom.
    Running sky raider RC3 on my incredible