Help - cloudfront.net pop up/redirectionSupport

Last Updated:

1. JayNDX

JayNDX New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,
    I got my droid x a few weeks ago and have been enjoying my first android phone (from BB Storm and Storm 2).
    Besides a wifi drop problem and some get used to, I haven't had any problems until today.
    I am not quite sure if this is a droid specific issue or not, so I decided to post here - hope it's okay.

The problem I am having right now is that a site http://d389ek2cnbw72x.cloudfront.net/buick.html pops up or redirect to the site while I am browsing or playing a game.

It never happened until today
    What I did today was
    1. Connected to a free wifi service at Atlanta Bread Company when we had a breakfast
    2. Tried to connect free wifi at Barns & Nobles, but didn't use it service.
    3 Downloaded a game called "Buka"

Since then whenever I am browsing using Dolphin, it redirects to the above cloudfront.net site or creates a new tab with the site on automatically (BTW the site is blank and has not contents there at all).
    Also while I am playing Buka, all the sudden Dolphin with the site shows up and stops the game.
    When the phone comes back from a sleep mode, Dolphin is open with the site .... even though I closed Dolphin before I let the phone go sleep.

So, I uninstalled Buka, but it didn't help.
    I also uninstalled Dolphin but the same behavior happens to the default browser.

I googled and found out the cloudfront has something to do with Amazon site but I have never used it service before including Amazon MP3 prog came with this phone.

Can anyone help me with this annoying problem?
    Thank you very much
    Jay

Advertisement
  2. Gonkutron3000

Gonkutron3000 Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem! WTF?? Started happening after I installed stupid dolphin.

3. BaadAndy

BaadAndy Well-Known Member

I do not have any of the above Apps installed, I only downloaded one app from the market place and restored the rest ffrom my SD card and I did not have any issues before the new rom.
    Running sky raider RC3 on my incredible