Help coming from Pre regarding contacts and task manager

Last Updated:

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying out the hero coming from Pre. So far I like it a lot. What is the easiest/fastest way to look up a contact to call them? The manual says (yes I read it!) that there are only 9 quick dials are available, and not when roaming. With the pre, I could type "jd" and john doe would pop up with all the phone numbers without entering any program or app. It seems I must go to people....menu....search people....then type. Is there a faster way? an app that improves this?

Also, when I use task manager, even after I close out some apps, they seem to start back up on there own. Example: navagtion, sprint tv, etc. How do I stop that?

Thanks in advance for helping an android newbie!

Advertisement
  2. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

The easiest for me is go to a blank page and add a people widget and add your favorites i like that the best or use voice dial.

3. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Just bring up the dialer and start typing the person's name. A list of matching names/numbers will start to appear in the background and narrow down the more you type. Tap the one you want to call and go from there.

4. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Voice dial would be the fastest way, as mentioned.

Edit:
    Removed inaccurate information.

5. quentinfisher

quentinfisher Well-Known Member

It could be possible to change what search "engine" the search button uses by default to your contacts, i just use the people widget myself though.