Help! Complete Magic newbie!!Support

Last Updated:

1. magicgirlie

magicgirlie New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I hope you can help me! Today I received my HTC Magic phone. It had been locked to Vodaphone so I had it unlocked, and have put my orange sim card in. I cannot seem to set up anything to do with getting onto the internet, I tried setting up my email address but couldn't seem to do that. Another problem is that although I can see it has an sd card in the back and it is inserted properly, it says that the sd card has been removed?? I am really not at all savvy with things like this I am afraid, :confused: so if you would be kind enough to help, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you :)

Advertisement
  2. clubber

clubber Member

I have the exact same problem I have changed from vodafone to O2! when i try to connect to the browser it says something along the lines of signal or data connection is the cause. I have been in touch to see if the setting are correct for the phone but they do not have the correct setting for the model...

deos this mean whilst i am using O2 I will not be able to access the interent untill O2 has the model???

Someone must know how this is rectified...moderators?

3. k888tie

k888tie New Member

I am no geek with these things but as I am on o2 I thought I would comment :)
    My internet/gmail/maps/market all worked fine on the 1.5 system, and then when I updated it to the 1.6 my browser stopped working, even though I was still recieving/sending emails/using the market/maps.

I changed to using Opera mini, and the browser now works :)

You also need to have a look for the o2 APN settings and enter those correct settings :)

4. k888tie

k888tie New Member

Just thought I'd say, I could be completely wrong, but that's what I did to make my o2 work :)

5. metter

metter Active Member

Hey there.

Settings->Wireless->MobileNetworks -> AccessPoints

Check that the AP's there are correct for your new provider. If not, delete them, find your new provider's settings (google) and add new AP.

Cheers

6. clubber

clubber Member

right I got mine working. Had a little play around with the APN settings and now it works. I am on payandgo but it might work the same with contract???

NAME o2 mobile web
    APN payandgo.o2.co.uk
    PROXY 193.113.200.201
    PORT 8080
    USERNAME payandgo
    PASSWORD password
    SERVER <not set>
    MMSC <not set>
    MMS PROXY <not set>
    MCC 234
    MNC 10
    APN TYPE <not set>