Help converting from MobileMe to Google

Last Updated:

1. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I recently returned my iPhone 4 for a Droid X. Loving it so far, but trying to switch eco systems has been more complicated than I thought. I still use an iPad, iMac, and Macbook and would like to continue doing so. But I'm not sure how to keep all of my devices in sync?

Should I just switch everything over to Google and then sync to all of my devices from the Google cloud? Or is there a way to use both MobileMe and Google to sync everything?

For right now, I simply copied all of my contacts from Address Book on my iMac to Google and then synced my Google account to the Droid X. So now I have all of my contacts on the phone, but when I add a new contact from the phone, I don't know how to get it to sync back to Address Book, MobileMe, and my iOS devices?

Furthermore, I'm not sure what to do about calendaring? I normally use iCal to add events and reminders and they would automatically pop up on my iOS devices. Now I want to be able to add events from my iMac or iPad and have them sync to my Droid X as well.

Any suggestions on how to make all of this work? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Gforce083

Gforce083 Well-Known Member

I will be needing this answer as well! Everyone Apple does is top of the line (except the iPhone, kind of disappointing. I hope to hear my Android OS will be able to sync to Mobile Me or atleast iCal.

3. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Still wondering about this...

4. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

If you have Snow Leopard, it should have built in functions which allow you to sync iCal and Google Calendar and Address Book and Google Contacts. If you don't, I think Spanning Sync is supposed to be good for this? It's not free though.

I didn't use any syncing software, I just manually moved everything over while I was waiting to get my Incredible.