HELP, Cursor/Home screen problems with G-Sensor.General

Last Updated:

1. jademarche

jademarche New Member This Topic's Starter

I found this from another thread but it was unanswered. It is exactly the problem that im currently dealing with. Also i've been experiencing terrible cell reception almost everywhere. Any idea what should be done?

thanks as always,

john

Advertisement
  2. kpowers99

kpowers99 Member

My 3rd (yup, 3rd!) replacement Eris did this. Every time the homescreen would come up it would scroll to the far left. If I was typing I could usually get about 2 or 3 letters in then the cursor would jump to the beginning. I went to the store, showed it to the rep and he swapped it no questions asked.

Oh but guess what? That was three weeks ago and I am having problems with the one he gave me now lol. It kills me cause I still love the phone.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, jademarche and kpowers.

Sorry to hear you're having those gawdawful problems with your devices.

The "g sensor calibration" might be a remedy. Just tap menu > sound and display > G sensor calibration (at the bottom).

It'll guide you through it.

The keyboard anomalies sometimes go away with performing the keyboard calibration tool regimen (takes about a minute or two) located in the language and keyboard menu (it is usually offered as a part of the initial setup, most people bypass it).

And, of course, as with many other issues, I wonder if the factory data reset has been done, either as a final step in the upgrade process or as a last resort in attempting to rid the device of the bugs:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html