• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP!!! Custom binary blocked by FRP lock

KDiddle

Aug 22, 2016
Hi everyone, I have a rooted GS6 Edge that has been working fine then all of a sudden tonight it kept saying something was wrong with google play & it kept popping up so I attempted to restart the phone but now it says custom binary blocked by FRP lock. I tried to boot into custom recovery but it won't load. It does go into DL mode so I could flash the stock rom but I don't want to lose root and I was hoping there was a way to salvage my data.

Any ideas? I really appreciate it!

The s6 doesn't have a removable sdcard slot, a downfall in my opinion. That's where I store all my important files. Are you able to boot to the lockscreen or are you actually in a perpetual boot animation?

Is debugging set?
Do you use adb?
I see the logo then it shuts down again, just has that message up the top in red. I'm not sure what ADB is

Upvote 0
Well I have a backup that has nothing on it so yea, I'm in the same boat either way! lol Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
I've now tried to flash the stock rom many times, I've used Odin 9 & Odin 10, I've tried two downloads of the GS6 tar file from sam mobile, I've restarted my phone & computer as well as switched the USB ports. So all that & Odin keeps hanging at either nand write start or setup connection. Usually after hanging I restart it and it get stuck on either one of these. Any ideas what might be going on?

Upvote 0
Kies doesnt work with galaxy s6 :( I got the rom from sam mobile, it said it was for the 925T which is what I have.

This is the messages I'm getting.
<ID:0/008> Added!!

<ID:0/008> Removed!!

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..

<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..

<OSM> Please wait..

<OSM> G925TUVU4EPF1_G925TTMB4EPF1_G925TUVU4EPF1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.

<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..

<OSM> Leave CS..

<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..

<ID:0/008> File analysis..

<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..

<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..

<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..

<OSM> Please wait..

<OSM> G925TUVU4EPF1_G925TTMB4EPF1_G925TUVU4EPF1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.

<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..

<OSM> Leave CS..

<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..

<ID:0/008> File analysis..

<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..

<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.

<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1

Upvote 0
Cant use smart switch cause it says my usb connection isn't supported, it wants me to switch it to media transfer (which it actually was) but now since I can't boot, I can't change the usb connection.
If using Smart Switch, select the More tab on the right side. Select Software Upgrade and Initialization, might be worded differently.
You should be prompted to enter the device model number. Enter the SN. If supported, Smart Switch will start downloading the firmware. Follow the rest of the prompts and then you will connect to PC with phone in download mode. Flash will begin automatically when firmware is downloaded.

Reactions: Bg260
Upvote 0
If using Smart Switch, select the More tab on the right side. Select Software Upgrade and Initialization, might be worded differently.
You should be prompted to enter the device model number. Enter the SN. If supported, Smart Switch will start downloading the firmware. Follow the rest of the prompts and then you will connect to PC with phone in download mode. Flash will begin automatically when firmware is downloaded.
I did this but it's telling me that my serial number is incorrect (I checked it several times) I have no idea what is going on!

Upvote 0
Any good news?

Ugh! NO! I'm sorry, I have been super sick the last few days but for an update.. The phone is still helplessly bricked, I have tried the smartswitch options, I got to the initialize process, put in my model number then my serial number & then it says the serial number is wrong, I know the serial is the IMEI but to be safe I tried every single number I could & NOTHING worked. Also I can't boot to recovery & I do not have access to a windows PC so I tried to use JOdin3 but the links don't work & I can't find the files anywhere else. So now I'm just getting super pissed. I have no idea what to do :/

Upvote 0
You have the T-Mobile version so you should have a separate SN.
The only time I've had to use the IMEI number is with Sprint or other CDMA devices.
The SN can be found on the box if you still have it. If no box, look at this thread at XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6-edge/help/serial-t3133539
I've tried every single number on the box, case & space sensitive & still nothing, also Tried using Heimdall but the pit file dl fails, this is the worst problem I've ever had I'm more that 10 years with jailbreaking & rooting. it's driving me nuts!

Upvote 0
Looks like jfalls already suggested what I was. Supposed to be on the box.

I FIGURED IT OUT! So like you, I was under the impression that the serial number is the same as the IMEI (because this is what I found when googling it). As a last stitch effort I took the phone to best buys geek squad & the guy there showed me a way to find it, basically you have to get the phone to the first download mode menu & instead of hitting the volume up button you hit the home key & it will bring up the serial number.

Once I did that I saw that the serial number was NOT the same as the one on the box, I entered that number & walla! I'm back up and running now. Thanks for all your help guys!

Reactions: Jfalls63 and Bg260
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones