• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help: D3 locks up, reboots and loses service

sounds like you may have gotten a phone from a bad batch of D3's it does happen, not all phones operate the same, sometimes its the user that just doesnt understand, most of the time its the phone, i would return it and get a different phone, or another d3 cause after 3 your entitled to a different type of phone, if it is not operating the way you want, considering you know what you paid for, a smartphone that works all the time.

Reactions: cindy8319
Upvote 0
before it locked up again and did the reboot thing saying "Droid" continually. I didn't even have a chance to add anything to the phone. Verizon told me that I had to keep getting a Droid 3 - so every Tuesday for the past month, I have had to change the phone. They would not honor the fact that this is my fourth phone. Not sure what else I can do though.

Upvote 0
No, I haven't had a chance to upload anything. Verizon told me that a solution was to purchase another phone and add it to my plan so I have two phones on my plan and use the Droid 3 for my global phone. I did not see the logic in this, since I need a global phone which works. I don't want to be stuck in Italy with no phone. This did not make any sense to me at all. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their Droid 3. It has been doing the reboot for over a week now and I think the battery has just about had it with the constant reboots.

Upvote 0
No, I haven't had a chance to upload anything. Verizon told me that a solution was to purchase another phone and add it to my plan so I have two phones on my plan and use the Droid 3 for my global phone. I did not see the logic in this, since I need a global phone which works. I don't want to be stuck in Italy with no phone. This did not make any sense to me at all. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their Droid 3. It has been doing the reboot for over a week now and I think the battery has just about had it with the constant reboots.

that is false, you need to get the name of that individual who told you that, and report them to their boss, or go to the district manager, as to tell someone, "if the phone doesnt work, buy a different one" is complete bull. you bought this phone, and if you have not tampered with it in any way, return it, and demand something different, that its a problem with this phone, and you are not taking another D3 usually all you can do is get another phone at the same price or less, never anything more expensive, unless you have a friend who is high up, then you might get lucky.

regardless the previous advice is correct, ask to speak with a manager, explain to them nicely the situation thats been happening, if they refuse to help.

then you go to a corporate store, and explain to them the other store, and managers name and explain your situation, regardless your problem will be addressed and fixed, as if you have not tampered with this device and your getting the run around from some guy who wants a commission off your purchase(yes that is how they make their money) then you should show him, correct company policies and procedures.

Upvote 0
btw cindy, i would also recommend, if you want to try this, IF YOU FEEL THIS MIGHT WORK, AND YOUR WILLING TO TRY!, then i would suggest booting to the stock recovery, which i dont know the key strokes, it might be hold down the X key, and hit the power button, IM NOT SURE, SO DONT TRY IT UNTIL YOU FIND OUT FOR SURE!

once there just wipe data and cache, then reboot the phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones