Help- Data Call Failure, Error code 67Support

Last Updated:

1. ffirewfire

ffirewfire Member This Topic's Starter

My Hero, not rooted, started giving me this error message yesterday. I checked some other threads and they all seemed to be related to tethering, which I have never done. I tried a soft restart, but that hasn't helped and I tried to update my profile, but the phone won't even search for updates. Has anyone else had this problem?

Advertisement
  2. alex51

alex51 Well-Known Member

Try >Main Menu>Device Self Service,select Update Profile and let it cycle thru,while there if you haven't updated the PRL recently now is a good time to do that as well,after update/s complete turn ph. off 10-15 seconds then back on.
    Let us know if that resolves it.

3. ffirewfire

I guess I didn't state it very well, but I have been trying to update my profile through MENU>ABOUT PHONE>SYSTEM UPDATES and when I select Update Profile it doesn't respond. It gives me the green highlight feedback, but nothing happens after that.

4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Try turning Mobile networks off and back on again in settings...If that doesn't do it, then call Sprint from a different phone. They will walk you thru a fix. It is easy.

EDIT: Moved your thread to the Support and Troubleshooting sub forum.

5. alex51

alex51 Well-Known Member

System updates is not the same as Updating your profile!Follow earlier stated procedure.

6. fxdc08

fxdc08 New Member

:mad: :confused: My htc evo started doing the same thing 9-14-10. I've tried updating my profile numerous times, tried the# #786# reset, nandroid backups...nothing. so I called sprint, they had me turn off the phone did their thing,restart and update profile the same way I did and said should be good to go....NOT! 5 data call errors today alone! Its gotta be something on sprints end. Don't see any effects on the phone other than annoying errors tho...

7. ffirewfire

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the menu of the Hero Alex. What I described was in fact how one updates the profile. What you described are not even menu options.

On another note I tried turning wireless networks off and back on again, but it was also no help. I will try ATS. I post if I make any progress.