HELP! Data Not Enabling After GB upgrade

1. delmo

delmo Member

Hey Everyone,

I have an unrooted Captivate i896 w/ LauncherPro and just upgraded from 2.2 to GB.

So far I love GB, but I somehow seem to lost the ability to turn Data ON.

Even without wifi, and no matter how I try to switch it on (settings>wireless&network>mobile networks OR holding power button), the phone says data is on, but the icon does not appear in the notification bar and no connectivity is available.

I have tried resetting the APN to default, and the default APN shows up again, but still no use.

I was reading that this may have been due to the SIM being in the phone whilst upgrading, but haven't managed to get any more data on what happened and how to fix it.

Help, anyone!:confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. delmo

delmo Member

3. CDPlant

CDPlant Guides Guide

Not sure how much I can help, but I can give it a go :)

What network/carrier are you on? Was your data working fine right up until you upgraded to GB?
  4. delmo

delmo Member

5. CDPlant

CDPlant Guides Guide

The APN for Koodo is sp.koodo.com if you're interested, i'm sure that's the default one you can see on your phone.

I've never seen the problem of upgrading with the SIM in before, seems from that post you linked that upgrading the firmware with the SIM in your phone does something to the data connection which is strange :confused:

Have you tried taking the SIM out of your phone, turning the phone off, putting it back in and turning the phone on again? Sometimes it can be a simple fix, but if not I will do some more digging and see what I can find
  6. delmo

delmo Member

OMFG YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!

One of my attempts to fix this was resetting the APN to default, but Koodo's SIM default's to the Telus APN, which I guess doesn't help the problem! i didn't think much of it, just that they were using the parent company apn, but clearly it matters. The Koodo APN works perfectly!

THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN!
    CDPlant and Granite1 like this.
  7. CDPlant

CDPlant Guides Guide

Hey no problemo :) Glad I could help!
  8. delmo

delmo Member

I could hug you right now man. Arryt, enough blabbering from me. But eternal gratitude remains. Cheers!
  9. CDPlant

CDPlant Guides Guide

I came across this (where I saw the APN) and thought it may be some use in the future if you ever have more data/tethering/MMS problems - Koodo Mobile - Non-Koodo Phone Data Setup

Enjoy your new Gingerbread-flavoured Captivate! :D
    delmo likes this.
  10. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

Nice job bro;)
  11. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

^ = Rockstar, complete with spandex and the epic awesome rockstar kick!!! :D