Help, Delete Backup Assistant (Droid X 2.2)Support

Last Updated:

1. 2fasst

2fasst Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok Ok I know. I just got the Droid X, realized there were so much Bloatware and used Titanium Backup to remove a lot of it. I got happy fingers and before I know it Backup Assistant was gone.

THEN>>>>I read on the forum that if I delete this my phone could brick in the future.

I've since reinstalled it from a download off the forums (thanks guys). But I'm not sure if I have the correct versions as now I have both version 2.1-update1 AND version 1.0

Would someone with an unmolested/virgin Droid X running Android 2.2 verify for me:

How many versions of the Backup Assistance Apps are running on your phone? Just one or both? And please verify the version for me.

Thanks...I really appreciate it.

-Jas

Advertisement
  2. NorthVandea

NorthVandea Well-Known Member

I have a Droid X with the straight OTA 2.2 (rooted) but I haven't messed with the system apps, and when I examine installed System Apps from Titanium Backup I see that I also have Backup Assistant 1.0 and Backup Assistant 2.2, so I think this is normal. Perhaps if other folks post we can find a consensus on this.

3. bdrsvt

bdrsvt Active Member

I just got a new Droid X (unrooted virgin) and I have both 1.0 and 2.2 versions on my phone. Hope this helps.

4. 2fasst

Thanks for doing that.My version is 2.1, not 2.2. Do you mind grabbing the apk file for me.

Go into /system/app and grab backupassistantclient.apk and buacontactadapter.apk and email me?

Thanks Much!

5. 2fasst

Comon guys..show me some love.

6. 2fasst

resolved..thanks everyone