Help! Deleted Sprint Navigation

Last Updated: 2010-04-03 14:13:20
  1. jobless elite

jobless elite New Member

Hey guys it was late and I was trying to figure out someway to delete the Sprint NFL App and somehow deleted the Sprint Navigation app.

Is there anyway to reinstall it? I can't find one.

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Unless you are rooted, there's no way for you to uninstall the Sprint Navigation app. With that said, I have no idea as to how you would get it back lol.

EDIT: Just found out you could uninstall it w/o being rooted.. damn, I feel bad for you lol
  3. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Are you sure you didn't just delete the shortcut to the Sprint Navigation? If this is what you did, you can get it back by long pressing on the home screen, and chosing Shortcut, then program, then Sprint Navigation.
  4. jobless elite

jobless elite New Member

I didn't delete the shortcut. I can still create the shortcut for sprint navigation, but when I click on it it says "logging in... X%". But before it loads 100% it says "Sprint Navigation is not available"

I recall deleting it from setting>> Applications>> Manage Applications>> Sprint Navigation>> Clear Data. Now it won't fully open anymore.

I can't believe I thought it was the NFL app :headsmack:
  5. JB in AZ

Ok, it was worth a shot. There was a thread on this forum a few weeks ago with instructions how to install telenav Navigation, which is the backbone of the Sprint nav, just not branded Sprint. Perhaps you can search for that and intall it. Many have said it is better than the Sprint Nav.

try this--> http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-sprint-hero/47516-sprint-nav-2-8-premium-apk.html
  6. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

Correct me if im wrong, but clearing the data doesn't uninstall the app.. I have cleared data on many of my apps I don't use to free up some space. I believe certain credentials and saved information is whats cleared when you do this. As for sprint navi not loading up, I'm not quite sure, but its not uninstalled.
  7. JB in AZ

have you rebooted your phone?
  8. jobless elite

jobless elite New Member

There is still 1.34 mb left uncleared (I imagine that is the actual application) but it used to be around 8 or 9 iirc.

Yes, I have rebooted my phone, but easy to forget lol.
  9. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

use the Fresh Kitchen 1.0.5 to push it or install it again...
  10. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

Why don't you just try a factory reset.
  11. jobless elite

jobless elite New Member

Figured out the problem. Before it would always prompt me to turn on my gps (I have it off to conserve battery). When I cleared the data it was not prompting me to turn on gps, but now that it is on, Sprint Nav is working again.

Thanks guys.