• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help, Did a factory reset and need help with apps.

danmil05

Jan 23, 2010
NJ
I did a factory reset because i thought it would fix a number of problems i had before and after the 2.1 OTA.

1. HTC's weather app wouldn't update on it's own or manually (sometimes) (not a force close issue)

2. Mobile network issue. Places where i would get 3-4 bars got 1-2 (sometimes 3) and the "D" under 3G mostly changes to the up down arrow. This was on 1.5 and might have to wait maybe another day to see if this continue on 2.1.

3. apps is my main issue. I know all the apps are in the download section on the market and i saved my apps in the SD card but when I reinstalled, scores and profiles from different apps and not there. Is there a way to restore the apps to where there they where before the factory reset instead of the apps acting like it's been just downloaded.

I did a factory reset because i thought it would fix a number of problems i had before and after the 2.1 OTA.

1. HTC's weather app wouldn't update on it's own or manually (sometimes) (not a force close issue)

2. Mobile network issue. Places where i would get 3-4 bars got 1-2 (sometimes 3) and the "D" under 3G mostly changes to the up down arrow. This was on 1.5 and might have to wait maybe another day to see if this continue on 2.1.

3. apps is my main issue. I know all the apps are in the download section on the market and i saved my apps in the SD card but when I reinstalled, scores and profiles from different apps and not there. Is there a way to restore the apps to where there they where before the factory reset instead of the apps acting like it's been just downloaded.

1 - From the homescreen go to menu -> setting -> general sync settings and see if autosync is on

2 - I redid the PRL download and it appears to have helped (*228 option 2)

3 - Nope, a factory reset wipes all the configuration and stored data. Unless you had a backup app that saved the app's data you are SOL

Upvote 0
Clear all the cache on the apps not functioning right.
Go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications then click the app and then click "Clear Cache"

The signal issue is known and currently has no fix.

+1 on the cache clearing, but to add data reset as well for each app.

The "signal issue" seems to be a display one, and not an actual degradation of strength of signal, at least on my phone. It seems that the OTA took the polling apparatus out of calibration as related to the bars in the notification area.

Upvote 0
I have the apps saved in my SD card using mybackup something but the profiles and scores on the apps are gone. Is there a way to being that back is what I'm asking.

Only data stored on your SD card for an app will return after a factory reset. If the app you are talking about stored its data in internal memory, then it is gone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones