HELP! did my phone just degrade?Support

Last Updated: 2012-12-15 13:00:44
  1. pinkchevelle

pinkchevelle New Member

Hi all!

Hopefully i can make myself clear enough to get an answer for this one. I have a T-Mobile Galaxy s2. I assume the original software on it was 2.3.4, Gingerbread? Well, sometime last year Samsung did a maintenance update automatically that bumped it up to 2.3.6. Am i correct so far? During this update, my LOCK screen changed, my homescreen buttons got slightly smaller and the CALL screen changed. Now, some time after I manually upgraded to ICS 4.0 and everything worked great! I had absolutely NO problems. Just recently, somewhere between changing my lock screen from just a "swipe" to a PIN unlock AND playing around with GOLAUNCHER, my phone seemed to somehow go back to it's original look. By this i mean BEFORE the maintenance update on the original software. I still have 4.0, but my lock screen and call screen have gone back to it's plain look that came with the phone and my homescreen buttons have slightly larger and more squared again. I have tried just about everything i can think of. I have restarted the phone (battery out as well), i uninstalled GOLauncher, i force stopped and cleared data on the phone's launcher, i have tried to connect with Kies, etc. I've done everything i can think of but a factory reset, but that seems silly since i'm trying to get rid of the factory look lol. Any tips? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi Pink :ciao: Welcome to AF!

Have you tired a different launcher like Apex or Nova?