HELP: Download in Progress. Do not disconnect Cable.Support

Last Updated:

1. Rune Arc

Rune Arc Member

So, This morning I was texting away like any other day, and my phone froze up. I've had it only for a couple weeks, and no problems like this. So I turned it back on, and now, it's stuck on "Download in progress. Do not Disconnect Cable." Well, I've tried the power+volume to reset it, no luck, nothing happens. Is there anything I can do..??

Advertisement
  2. taco1425

taco1425 Active Member

take out the battery then put your battery back in then turn on the phone
  3. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

What does the screen show/say? Are you connecting to the computer when it happens? Do you have a browser downloading or updating anything?

I'd say do a battery pull if you don't know what it is. But it very well could be an OTA update. But I can't say for sure because I don't have this phone.
  4. Rune Arc

Rune Arc Member

I wsn't, nor have been, connected to anything. Like I said, I was texting away, phone froze, rebooted it, this pops up. Just the circle arrows staying in the same place with the LG logo and says the download in progress thing.

Also, I have taken the battery out for several hours, nothing happens.
  5. alsaces daddy

I'm gonna look in to this in a bit but it sounds like an update. Are you rooted and running a ROM or are you stock?
  6. Rune Arc

Rune Arc Member

I'm not sure if it's rooted or not. I had planned on rooting it, but idk if I did or not.
    I gotta go cus librarys closing. Ill be back tomorrow.
  7. alsaces daddy

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=620520

Quick search landed this. Its an OTA update. LG or your provider pushes this to your phone. Helps fix bugs and sometimes gives you a whole new phone (so to speak). Only question left is why it won't just download. Which lands back to are you rooted..?
  8. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

That download mode isnt the OTA. It's kind of a failsafe mode built into the bootloader. It supports things like dumping memory and writing to the internal flash. To talk to the phone in download mode, you have to use proprietary software on your computer and a usb cable.
  9. Rune Arc

Rune Arc Member

Should I send it back in for a reset? Cus I called and they said that was the only thing they could do :/

And I did have poot downloaded for a clickroot but I dont think I ever did it :/
  10. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

i would send it back and get a replacement. you never rooted it would appear. seems to be a malfunction of the device. sounds like to me it failed during the update process and caused it to loop in the download mode.
    Rune Arc likes this.
  11. Rune Arc

Rune Arc Member

Thanks. So They told me it would be liek 5 days lol. thats shit >.<
  12. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

itll probably be 5 because of the weekend. through the week fedex usually gets it to you within three days. sometimes,at random vm will ship over night..depends on the rep lol. go figure.
    Rune Arc likes this.
  13. Rune Arc

Rune Arc Member

I plan on paying extra to be ashurd it gets done soon. :)
  14. dynamitekid202

dynamitekid202 New Member

Same thing happened to me when I rooted my elite..I downloaded the apks from here.root Check said my phone was rooted...I turned my phone off to reboot&that's when it started...should I have plug to PC when I rooted? Btw,I got my replacement the next day....Awesome
  15. Rune Arc

Rune Arc Member

Well my problem was fixed due to previous posters helping out.