• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help!! Downloading... Do not turn off target!!

avw212

Lurker
Sep 1, 2012
I have a Samsung Exhibit 2 and very frequently, due to bloatware on the phone, it freezes on me & I have no choice but to take out the battery to restart it. On occasion, if it's charging while it freezes, it will say that it does or it won't say it charging when plugged in. I thought this happened, so I took out the battery & put it back in & plugged my phone in. It automatically turned back on but then a screen I've never seen popped up. It has a picture of the little Andriod robot and at the top of the screen it says:
"ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-T679
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT KERNEL: SAMSUNG !!
"

And below the robot it says "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!"

I know I wasn't holding any buttons when I took out the battery so I have no idea how this happened or what it means or how to even fix it without messing my phone up

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones