Help downloading drivers

1. shanesays

shanesays Member

Anyone have any idea why I can't download window drivers,it fails everyrime. Bionic owner.

Advertisement
  2. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

damewolf13 likes this.
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Where are you trying to download the drivers from?

My signature always contains the latest drivers only for Windows - feel free to grab the appropriate one from there.

If you're shy about grabbing stuff from unofficial sites, you can get the exact same files also from MOTODEV > Tools & Testing > USB Drivers as well.
  4. shanesays

shanesays Member

Thanks ill give it a try
  5. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

6. shanesays

shanesays Member

Got the drivers installed, but it didn't root because it says the exception had been patched.patched. so now I'm trying to find a version that'll work on 5.9.905.
  7. OutOfPhase

8. shanesays

shanesays Member

Just ran it, but nothing happened, it ran rebooted multiple times said I was rooted but nothhing came up on my phone. I'm doing something wrong
  9. OutOfPhase

do you have an app called super user on it now? try this app it will tell you if you are rooted. root checker
  10. shanesays

shanesays Member

Yes the app is there, downloaded the app you sent me, I'm rooted! Now how the hell do I get rid of all this Verizon bloatware?
  11. SlayersRage

SlayersRage Well-Known Member

Download Titanium Backup and freeze the apps
  12. shanesays

shanesays Member

Yeah my phone is bricked, it just keeps looping the boot up animation now. fml.
  13. shanesays

shanesays Member

spent all day trying to root my phone, and now that I have....I've bricked my bionic. I used motofail. Any ideas anyone?
  14. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Please provide a detailed explanation of what happens when you try to turn your phone on. Do you still have any power left in your battery? can you get to a menu screen by holding down both volume buttons while using the power button to turn it on?
  15. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

It is best not to start deleting apps at all - it can take you off the update path, screw with your phone a little, or put you into a bootloop as you are now.

Furthermore, it is a good idea to read the "Safe apps to freeze" post to get an idea of apps that you *can* disable.

For now, you'll need to FXZ back to .902 using the RSDLite program in my signature and the .902 FXZ (~660 MB in size) and then set everything back up. Then, take hte OTA, and finally, read through http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/410336-safe-bloatware-freeze.html to see what you can and cannot freeze.
  16. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

17. shanesays

shanesays Member

right now the battery is dead. When I started the phone back up the "Dual core technology" screen would come up, then the word droid, then the droid eye and the gears sound, then just that over and over again from the word droid.
  18. OutOfPhase

19. shanesays

shanesays Member

I think I actually destroyed it. Now it won't charge. I just get a battery symbol with a question mark in the battery symbol.
  20. OutOfPhase

is the battery hot.
  21. shanesays

shanesays Member

not hot at all, it will not charge though. And you know how when your phone is charging it'll give whatever percentage it's charged inside the battery picture(when the phone is off), that's where there is just a question mark.
  22. OutOfPhase

bring the battery to verizon and tell them its bad. they should replace it