HELP! Droid going into airplane mode automatically.

1. rrae113

rrae113 New Member

I have a Droid 2 Global and recently my phone started automatically switching into airplane mode when the screen t out or if I lock the screen. So, everytime I unlock my phone, I have to switch airplane mode off. It is really problemat because it prevents me from receiving texts or calls. This happened for the first time a week ago, so I did a factory re which remedied the problem temporarily, but now it is occurring again. Id rather not have to go through the factory again, so are there any solutions that might will fix this? I haven't downloaded any strange applications, so I cannot out what the root of the problem is. Thanks for your advice in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello rrae113.

We're seeing a few reports of that happening with the Droid 2. Sadly, the only remedy so far seems to be a replacement device, if the factory data reset did not permanently wash out the problem.
  3. realdude

realdude New Member

I have a Droid3 and it exhibits the same behavior. It goes into Airplane Mode automatically when I put it in Sleep Mode. This is extremely annoying as it prevents me from receiving calls and text messages when I activate the phone again.