HELP!!!! DROID Keeps saying SD Card Removed!!!!!! HELP!!!!!Support

1. dbotteicher

dbotteicher Member

My Moto Droid keeps saying SD Card removed in the notification bar when I pull it down it says insert new one:mad:. I've takin it out and rebooted the phone fifty times, with and without my SD card in it is inserted correctly and the notification wont go away. Now, I cant acces any of my files, music, pics, or anything. When I go into: settings, sd card phone storage, all of the sd card options are grayed out, and a little SD icon with and Exlamation point sits in my notification bar. When I plug my phone into my computers USB port, it just acts like a regular charger, it doesn't say anything about being pluged into the USB port. I'm going nuts trying to figure this out somebody please help me.

Advertisement
    :
    vjvinit likes this.
  2. dbotteicher

dbotteicher Member

I just swapped SD cards with my girlfriend and her sd card worked in my phone and mine didnot work in her phone????? so is my sd card is shot?? ive had my phone since december wtf. is that covered under warrent????
  3. Barkleyfan

Barkleyfan Well-Known Member

Should be covered under warranty. SD cards tend to get corrupted. Especially with alot of writes. That's why they are not giving us apps2sd capability. Take it in if u havent already.
  4. xjestersdeadx

xjestersdeadx Well-Known Member

YES. I set up three Droids, and one of them starting getting SD card issues within a week or so. If you call VZW, they will tell you that Sandisk has a 5 year warranty and will replace it, and this is true. BUT...if you go to a store, they should trade out just the SD card for you if you are in your 30 day window. Just tell them that tech support told you to come in and swap out the card. If they won't, ask for a manager or go to a different store. OR...tell them you are thinking about just returning the whole thing if they won't swap out just the card.

When I had a problem, I tried a couple of repair programs, and found a bad sector, which was unfixable.
  5. dbotteicher

dbotteicher Member

Thanks guys for your help. it is the phone tho, cuz when i put her sd card back in her blackberry. It was corrupted too so i formatted hers and it started working fine, so i tried that with my SD card i beleive that it is not compatible with her phoone being that it is 16 Gig aand a class 2, because it recognized it but it would not format or do anything:(. Anyway I have a new phone on the way:D but the lady said the sd card is an accessory and not coverd under the manufacturers warrenty:(. so once i get my new phone it will hopefully recognize it other wise i will do what you said and take it to the store to see if they will exchange it but i have my fingers crossed.
  6. dbotteicher

dbotteicher Member

Could you explain to me what progams u used and did u mount ur sd card to ur computer cuz i cant mount my phone it doesnt even recognize that it is plugged into a USB port. Also, i tryed to use a micro to standard adapter so i could plug it directly into my computer i couldnt get access to any of my files idk if it was the adapter or what and this was a long time before i had this problem so IDK if you have ne pointers please post em here thank you
  7. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

If your phone messed up her phone, I would check into fixing that issue before getting another card and potentially ruining it as well. I would look over your apps and start removing ones you really don't need and see if that fixes the problem, or even trying a different rom as something there could be an issue as well.

One thing that is usually listed as a cause of sdcard corruption, in any device, is just unplugging it without unmounting from a PC/device. It is recommended, if you mount on Windows, to use the Safely remove device icon that pops up in your taskbar when a usb device is plugged in. This will prevent writes/reads from happeneing and ensures nothing gets written to the card when you unplug, thus corrupting data. While it generally isn't an issue, it can happen.

If the phone continues to corrupt cards though, I would take it in to Verizon, inform them of the issue and ask for a replacement under the manufacturer warranty as it is a defect. You might have to push it though as they'll probably try saying it's normal wear and tear.
  8. thelizzard

thelizzard New Member

Actually the fix is very simple....
    there is a rectangular window where you install the SD card... if you can see the card in this lil window then you have installed the card wrong.. you should see chrome here... the card MUST sit under the chrome to read. simply pull it out and push it back in slowly maneuvering under it. The little hold down should not be touching the card...
    Cheers
  9. AA8198

AA8198 New Member

I had the same problem and It's solved by removing the back cover off, removing the battery. Removing the SD card from the card slot. Reinserting the SD card and the battery.
  10. evelinaaaaK3

evelinaaaaK3 New Member

i have the same problem!!
    but i have a my touch 3g slide from tmobile, i have no idea how to fix this!
    can anyone please help!?
  11. ronnie47

ronnie47 New Member

i`m having the same problems with my sd card, can anyone help me sort this out,
    HELP!!!! DROID Keeps saying SD Card Removed!!!!!! HELP!!!!!
    My Moto Droid keeps saying SD Card removed in the notification bar when I pull it down it says insert new one. I've takin it out and rebooted the phone fifty times, with and without my SD card in it is inserted correctly and the notification wont go away. Now, I cant acces any of my files, music, pics, or anything. When I go into: settings, sd card phone storage, all of the sd card options are grayed out, and a little SD icon with and Exlamation point sits in my notification bar. When I plug my phone into my computers USB port, it just acts like a regular charger, it doesn't say anything about being pluged into the USB port. I'm going nuts trying to figure this out somebody please help me.
  12. Blind_Aim

Blind_Aim New Member

I just had a Verizon update last night pushed to my Droid X (4.5.6.602.MB810.Verizon.en.US). Later, I accessed a pdf document using Aldiko from my SD card. This morning, I'm getting the exact same message (sd card blank or has unsupported files sytem) and Aldiko is nowhere to be found on my phone.
  13. phokinskaya

phokinskaya New Member

I believe the problem on my phone (Droid X- 8 months old) is with the phone, not the SD card. I bought another micro SD card after the card that came with the phone (16Gig) all of a sudden was unrecognized by the phone. I thought it might be the card, but the new one I bought is not recognized either. AND, the info on the first card is completely on it since I bought an adapter SD card for the micro SD card, plugged it into my Apple, and all files (music, photos, PDFs) are there even though the phone was saying the card was corrupted, then bad, then it no longer recognized the old card or any card. The errors I get are: when taking a picture "Insert an SD card before using the camera", when in gallery of photos "SD card unmounted or unavailable or There are no pictures to display" or when going to music player "your phone does not have an SD card inserted."

I know its the phone b/c it went on and off recognizing it for a day or so before completely conking out. Never had a problem before and nothing happened to the phone as the problem started overnight while it was charging as I listened to music on it before going to bed only to wake up and it not being able to find the card or saying it was corrupted. After inserting, reinserting a few times, I gave up. However, by the time I got to work, It had 'found' the card again and I had done nothing else to it. The last time it worked that morning, I was listening to music at work, phone sitting on my desk--music cuts out and for 2+ weeks now I haven't been able to get the phone to recognize a card is inserted in the slot. I tried reseating it, turning it on and off, reinserting card. Nothing worked. Its got to be hardware (the phone itself) in my case. I've been looking in these forums and other websites and no one seems to offer this as a possible cause. Everyone says its the card. I know its not in this case and wonder if there are issues with the Droix X. Going to get to Verizon at some point when I have the chance, but no music, no taking pictures/video until then.
  14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

^^^this conversation move to its own thread in the LG Venice forum.:)

http://androidforums.com/lg-venice/860118-sd-card-removed-message-after-phone-got-wet.html