Help! Droid Not Downloading From Market.Support

Last Updated:

1. droid89

droid89 Member This Topic's Starter

I have Motorola Droid w/ Android 2.01.

Starting yesterday it stopped downloading apps from Market. It just shows queue with all apps "Starting Download" and progress bar w/ no progress, but looking like it is in the process of starting the download.

I have forced-closed all apps, turned off, taken out battery. Nothing works.

How do I fix without factory reset/hard reset to factory settings?

Advertisement
  2. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Well-Known Member

Have you been using WiFi? I have found that when I use WiFi, the app will take significantly longer to actually queue up and start downloading. Eventually, it will start and download very quickly, but I was just patient and let the phone "do its thing."

I have not had these same issues when using 3G downloads though.

3. lupine313

lupine313 New Member

I had a similar problem when I first got my Droid - turned on Airplane Mode and then turned it off and all of sudden my downloads started going through. Give that a try.

Jeff

4. bluenik25

bluenik25 Well-Known Member

I am having the same problem starting yesterday.

5. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I have had this problem in the Market several times too, I believe while on WiFi mainly (maybe a few times on 1x, when I had poor reception, which was probably the issue).

I also had a weird issue where it would say that it can't get a connection, and there's two options: "retry" and "cancel". And I have to hit retry twice to get it to connect. Exactly twice every single time, and it happens quite frequently. Not an issue, but a little annoying.

Seems like the Market needs an update issued, but I don't know how you would do that without an actual OS update?

6. roys

roys Member

I experienced this problem many times.
    But I can solve it with signing in to the GTalk... or sign-out and sign-in again into the GTalk, the downloads can be started immediately after doing this. I can always solve it unless failed to sign into GTalk.

FYI, I am using Wifi with HK network.

7. droid89

droid89 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to all of you for the solutions!

I let it go for another day while I was waiting for the thread replies. During that time the only thing I did differently was plug it into my docking station (clock - by bed). Then when I checked early this morning all the applications had downloaded. So I can not pinpoint what made the downloads actually start downloading. I can not verify that it was plugging it into the docking base.

But the next time this happens I will try turning wifi on/off and airplane mode on/off and see if that works. If not, I will try again plugging into docking station and watch it this time to see if that actually works.

I will post to this thread whatever I find out if/when it happens again.

Thank you all for your responses!

Droid89

8. bluenik25

Fixed it!!!

I got a reply on another tread about the Google Talk App. It dawned on me that I had disabled Google Talk using Startup Editor. After enabling Google Talk and logging in all my downloads started coming in. I bet everyone that is having problems has used something to disable or kill Google Talk. If you open in up and log back in it should fix the problem.

9. bluenik25

Looks like roys beat me to it!

Good Job!

10. Marsha12151

Marsha12151 Member

I was going crazy with apps not downloading. Found this thread.

I had removed gtalk.

Reinstalled, all is fine. Programs started downloaded immediately

Thanks!