pearlyn New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm on HTC tattoo, and my contacts are duplicated
    on the people application. This is strange, as they
    all say phone contacts (thus aren't sim or google
    contacts or anything), but on view settings, it says
    I have 300 or so contacts which is how many I
    have if they were NOT duplicated.

I have tried restarting my phone. For some reason, it shows fine then when it loads fully, the duplicates are back.

I also noticed that only contacts synced with
    Facebook seemed to be duplicated, though not all synced are duplicated. I have attempted
    deleting one of two of a same contact, but this
    resulted in the other entry being deleted too.

I sincerely hope that anyone who has advice/
    suggestions or has faced such a problem and
    resolved it could offer some help. Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

My galaxy s did the same on purchase.
    In settings there should be a option of which contacts to display google contacts, facebook, sim ETC
    check or uncheck which you do or do not want.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You probably need to link your facebook contacts to your phone contacts. Click on a persons phone contact, then hit the link icon in the top right. Then find their Facebook name, and link them. Do this for all of your contacts.

4. pearlyn

pearlyn New Member This Topic's Starter

Yupp as mentioned, I have already ensured only phone contacts are selected under view.

Each are already phone contacts linked to facebook, I don't think they are facebook contacts.

I tried browsing contacts under another application and there were no duplicates (nor on dialer), so I think it is a problem with the people app. Anyone knows how to solve this? Is there a way of contacting google/HTC about the issue?

5. bob_54

bob_54 Active Member

I have an Eris with 2.1 and did the MR 4 update yesterday.
    Something I've noticed regarding duplicates. I am not seeing complete contact duplicates in my stock people contacts. But in a couple of apps I'm running there is the ability to view or edit a contact. If I select this, sometimes I will get a pop-up to select the contact in Google or in the phone to edit or view. I've gone back and forth between the stock people and app after un-checking Google or Phone so I have only one or the other selected. The same pop-up appears if I try to do a view/edit in the 3rd party app. Just checked and the same thing happens in the People contacts.
    I was thinking this is a function of the app picking both Google and Phone and not just the view selected in the stock people? But it's the same in the stock.

When I have gone into some of the Contacts to either edit or just check, I am seeing a duplication of mobile, work, organization etc. Same information, just a duplicate display.

Another I have noticed in the stock People view selection. While I was running 1.5 and the initial 2.1 update I would have a large number of contacts showing in Google and only a couple in the Phone. Understandable since I was saving to Google most of the time. But occasionally saved a couple to the phone when not paying attention.

Since the MR 4 update I now have almost the same number of contacts in Google and Phone and am seeing the Google "link" indication in the upper right corner of the contact's screen. I need to search to learn what the "link" is about.
    Does anyone know if the MR 4 update included anything about the handling of the stock People contacts?

Thanks