Help! Dying G1Support

Last Updated:

1. Miranda L

Miranda L New Member This Topic's Starter

Actually, it is kind of dead already but I love it and want it back!
    I've got my phone 2 years ago (February 2008). It worked perfectly well, never had any performance problems, no crashes - nothing. Moving to 1.6 firmware was also smooth and without a problem. Unfortunately one day I had to switch to another phone, hence, remove SIM-card out of my G1. I still used it for netsurfing (also used some programs) and for several days it was fine. But soon I noticed that my phone does not keep charge anymore. I mean, in an hour or so after charging the power is gone completely - and with the phone switched off.
    Of course, I thought it's the battery. So I've got another one (extending volume). Now power was enough for 2 hours (again - with the switched off phone).
    Thinking I was unlucky and bought a bad battery I got another one (and they are costly, btw). Same story. I repeat - the phone is off, nothing is running on background - yet the power is gone in 1 or 2 hours.
    So, I think something is wrong with the phone. Did anyone ever have the same problem? Is there any hope to repair my beloved G1?

Advertisement
  2. simon.

simon. Member

Sorry hear to hear that Miranda, I have a similar problem, too.
    My battery also runs out when the phone is off. I have bought an external charger (the battery sits in it so it doesn't charge through the phone) from ebay to see if that fixes the problem, and I'll let you know if it works.
    Good luck!

3. Miranda L

Miranda L New Member This Topic's Starter

Great idea! At least you can be sure if it's battery or phone.

Will be waiting for result of your experiment.