• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

**[HELP] Editing .APK**

Is it possible to "hack" a apk game so other players can see the changes?

• HECK YES IT IS POSSIBLE!!!! (please post how)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • .... no... :'( this is just a very sweet idea... sorry...

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

srry20wnu

Aug 23, 2010
Okay well i am very good with computers and dont know any languages but i am a fast learner and stuff.. i was wondering if it is possible, or what would have to be in effect, to edit a game like.. lets say Cestos. I can change the .png files but I only see the changes.. I am wondering if there is a way to change things so everyone see's the outcome with out publishing a new version of the app and making my own server or anything like that.. i know how it all works but i am wondering if there are some phone hosted games or something that i can change and be seen?.. Thank you and i hope my post isnt too hard to understand im just thinking outloud as i type and just need some help or advice.. Please dont flam or troll or anything. :cool:

if you edit a not stock app's apk, pretty sure you have to have it resigned.. Google or search for signing an apk.. but I can't tell if you knew that and did that already and your saying you did that and having it working and now you want to let everyone have access to your "new" edited app someone else made?? I would edit an apk for personal use, but never let it get out to others.

Upvote 0
didnt and wasnt judging if you took it as such. just be cool about editing others work and making it available to others no matter what your goal or plan is.

I am not a gamer, but like I said, pretty sure once you edit an apk it has to be "resigned" and that takes a dev environment and tools. but even that would only have local results to your apk and phone the app is loaded on.

so if your talking about a game that others would see the results of your work real time, that means those real time elements are not on your phone or game, but up on a server and no.. you can't touch those

Upvote 0
yeah i thought so.. just making sure there was absolutly no way i could do this. it would be entertaining to do. :rolleyes:

here is a test of a changed hat on Cestos Full.. :D

snap20100825_201139.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones