Help! Email not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. bboydrift

bboydrift New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my Hero on monday and my yahoo email acct. was working perfect, but this morning when I tried to refresh my email it says "Login Failed". I deleted the acct to try and do it all over again only now it's not verifying my username/password or it says can not connect to server. My internet on the phone is working and my wifi is working, but not the email. Any suggestions or tips? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. DiNoise

DiNoise Member

this will help for sure: SWITCH TO GMAIL :D

but honestly i dont know... maybe u installed some other app that somehow caused it not to connect to yahoo.. OR maybe its just a temporary issue with their server that doesnt let ur phone connect to it.... wait a day and if nothing works EXCHANGE ur phone ))

3. clifton421

clifton421 New Member

I had the same thing happen to me. I think it was something that I loaded (I believe it was SMS Popup) that changed something in the system settings. I wound up hard resetting my phone and once I set everything back up it is working fine.

4. bboydrift

bboydrift New Member This Topic's Starter

how do you hard reset?

5. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member

After I loaded something on it stopped my GMAIL from pushing through. It actually says not connected.

6. clifton421

clifton421 New Member

To Hard Reset:

1) Turn off phone (shut down using the power button or just pull the battery out)
    2) Hold down the home key (looks like a house) and the back key.
    3) While holding those keys, press the power button quickly.
    4) When the white screen pops up, release the buttons.
    5) Follow the onscreen instructions and wait for the phone to go through the wipe (will take a couple of minutes)

7. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

I cant believe you actually suggested pulling the battery out as a means of powering down the phone. Egad!