• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! Email Update

AmyP

Lurker
Mar 29, 2015
In the past few weeks, i no longer receive any emails unless i update my email on my galaxy 5. Do I have too many emails on my phone? If I delete my email I will loss all my contacts, ect.... Has anyone had this problem? Please help, I need to be able to get notification so I don't miss anymore important emails!!

Hi

Your question leave a lot of questions to be asked before a sensible answer can be given!

Did this start happening after a system update? If so which one.

What type of email account is it? gmail, hotmail, yahoo, pop, imap.... Which app do you use to receive emails, gmail, email etc.

Its unlikely that deleting emails will delete contacts. Its unlikely that your S5 is full up with emails (although not entirely impossible!). Depending on the type of account, deleting emails from your phone may delete them permanently everywhere so that they are lost along with any attachments.

Having said all that, have you tried opening your email app, going into the app settings and enabling auto syncing and notifications?

Roger

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones