• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ::help, everything force close on bootup

IVE GOT A CHRONIC issue here folks. I rebooted my phone and all of a sudden during bootup EVERYTHING starts "force close"! IVe got Cognition 3.6b froyo. IVe had it on my phone for 2 months. IVe got titanium backup and clockwork installed. Can i reload OS from recovery mode? im UNABLE to get this phone booted properly. IVe rebooted like 4-5 times, and everytime everything pops up with force close. Please help me, because i have no way of using my phone now :(:(

:::EDIT::
ive got clockwork recovery installed (2.5.1.2)
i just need the steps to back up everything then reload the rom. Will this back up my DATA when i choose "backup" thanks.

Did you just do a restore with Titanium Backup? The only time I got force close errors was when I restored system data with TI instead of just restoring application data. It was causing issues because I restored Eclair system data onto a Froyo system.

I resolved it by doing a factory data reset on the phone and then restoring just application data with TI. I didn't have to reflash.

Did you do something before you started having problems? It seems wierd for force-close issues to suddenly pop up for no reason.

Upvote 0
I'm not that familiar with clockwork recovery but I think it just makes a general snapshot of whats on your device. If your backup was made after you started experiencing issues then I don't know if doing a restore would help.
TI backs up individual applications and their data so you could restore the apps that are working okay.

Have you tried uninstalling audio galaxy?

Upvote 0
how can i?! the phone never boots successfully! all my 3rd party apps come up with "force close" mult times after hitting "close". I even wiped all my data/chache, itll boot up, but now there isnt a 3G/data service only the phone. And still when it boots it force closes a few apps. It looks like i may have to completely start from scratch! reflash the rom, or boot back to factory, then boot the rom back, friggin nightmarre!! any pro tips what i should do???

Upvote 0
I understand that it'll be a big PITA, but if it were me I'd take the advice offered by Samsung for everything from psoriasis to jock itch. Factory reset. Once the phone is back to where you want it, root and use Titanium. I use that along with MyBackup Pro in case one or the other craps out during a restore, plus I store the backups on an external micro SD card.

Not what you want to hear, I know, but sometimes it's the best course of action.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones