• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! Exchange 2007 to 2010

Well we just migrated our Exchange server from 2007 to 2010 and I cannot for the life of me get the Incredible to sync up to it.. I can enter all the info and it works (verifies account), but always "Fails to create account"... If anyone has insight, would be greatly appreciated! I can make whatever tweaks needed as I have full access to the phone and server.. It was working perfect on 2007, now I am dreading having to use some paid app!!!

No partnership in the server.. Damn! Any other thoughts? Thanks for the first idea!
Try creating a custom Activesync policy and apply it to your mailbox. Start with the most basic settings, i.e. no pin, etc. and then add them in as you go if you can get it to connect. And to reiterate, check out the partnerships, be it your old one or any others. If you had it working on E2k7, did you just decommission that server? Did you move the mailbox or create a new one for yourself?

Reactions: jackson7840
Upvote 0
I will look further into this tomorrow morning. I am not the main Exchange admin (just one of the guys who knows what to do) and I do not want to tweak his newly installed server without his knowledge.. It is odd as we have a small business and everyone else except me (been a blackberry guy, love droid) is Win Mo.. Out of the 13-16 of them, two have somewhat newer T-Mobile Dash's and the rest the older style.. The newer two will not sync either.. Very odd... Thanks again for the input, will update tomorrow..

Upvote 0
I will look further into this tomorrow morning. I am not the main Exchange admin (just one of the guys who knows what to do) and I do not want to tweak his newly installed server without his knowledge.. It is odd as we have a small business and everyone else except me (been a blackberry guy, love droid) is Win Mo.. Out of the 13-16 of them, two have somewhat newer T-Mobile Dash's and the rest the older style.. The newer two will not sync either.. Very odd... Thanks again for the input, will update tomorrow..
This intrigues me because I'm an Exchange admin and I'm thinking of doing a migration in the near future if I can shake some funds loose for another server. One thing I would like you to try is Touchdown, from the market. It's a free trial for 5 days. It's expensive, $20, but this is just for troubleshooting purposes.

Upvote 0
I'm not using my Inc w/ our 2k10 server, but my Moto Droid worked fine with 2k10, except for the known EAS forwarding/attachment issues. Thus I moved to Touchdown. No problems here, sounds like an EAS policy issue; check for allowing non-provisioned devices (or whatever the word actually is).

Upvote 0
This might help:

Found a fix. If you are able, have your domain admin delete your account then re-add it. Make sure you export all mail to a .PST for safety. Once you do this, Android will sync. I discovered this by creating a test account on my Exchange 2010 server. Everything worked fine when I was on 2.1 but once I upgraded my Captivate to 2.2 it failed to connect to server. Deleted and recreated my account (domain admin) Android 2.2 setup flawlessly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones