• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help - Extracted /system/xbin contents and didnt chmod

sbursik

Feb 4, 2010
Well I messed up pretty bad. I had froyo 2.2 loaded up and rooted etc and decided I wanted the scripts from /system/xbin that I extracted from NexBeast. I made a zip and transfered it over to the phone and extracted it into /system/xbin. The part I messed up on was not chmod the files so it appears that su isnt executable. None of my rooted programs run and I cannot su in the terminal window. I tried adb but I am getting permissions issues there too. I cannot mount the file system as RW either. Permission denied. I also cannot boot into recovery. I hold down x and it never gets past the initial M screen. The phone will boot if I allow it to but I appear to be locked out. HELP! Thanks in advance.

I get permission denied when I get to the su part....

Code:
C:\Users\Scott\Documents\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell
$ dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/data/local/flash_image
dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/data/local/flash_image
51+1 records in
51+1 records out
26172 bytes transferred in 0.021 secs (1246285 bytes/sec)
$ chmod 755 /data/local/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/local/flash_image
$       rm /sdcard/flash_image
        rm /sdcard/flash_image
$ su
su
Permission denied
$

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones