Help!! Factory reset is not restoring my apps (and free not showing up in Market!)

Last Updated:

1. karimarie

karimarie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Droid since the weekend they came out.

Sometime in December, I did a factory reset. I had no problems with the process--all of my apps, my wallpaper, and even my ringtones automagically reset themselves without me having to do anything more than logging into Google after the reset.

When I got 2.1, the new gallery ran REALLY slow--it'd take a minute or two to load the gallery, and another minute or two to load each individual folder that I'd open (even ones with fewer than 10 pictures!) So finally today, out of utter frustration, I decided to do another factory restore. Before I did, I backed up my contacts and made sure everything was set up to sync (as it always has been) and then did the reset.

Nothing came back. I had to manually import my contacts from my backup file, manually readd all of my wallpapers, and manually install my apps... but only the paid apps show up in my downloads in the Market!!! None of the free apps are there!!

Anyone know what gives?? Did I do something wrong, and is there any way I can fix it?? I know everything SHOULD be backed up in Google's lovely cloud (this worked so well last time!!) and I have no idea why it didn't work this time! :( :(

Advertisement