Help, failed texts?Support

Last Updated:

1. Asuryan9

Asuryan9 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey so yesterday I got my 2150 battery in the mail, threw it in, charged it for a while(Not fully) had to go to work, phone was fine, up until last night(nowish) my phone just stopped being able to send texts.

I can call, receive texts, go on the internet, everything but send texts. I get a red ! when I try and send any texts.

I am going to call verizon tomorrow, but I just got home from work at 12:40isham, and I have to be back up at 6 to go to work, figured id see if anyone else had this problem, and what it ended up being??

Thanks all,
    -Steve-

Advertisement
  2. winstonoboogie

winstonoboogie Well-Known Member

May be a stupid question, but have you tried the standard turn off_pull battery_turn back on routine?

These things are little computers and sometimes they need a little reboot just like the rest of 'em. Just sayin'.

3. ezegm

ezegm Well-Known Member

here's what I did when I had that problem,go to settings-applications-manage apps-go to the messaging app and clear the cache...if that fails i don't know what else to say

4. Asuryan9

Yes, I tried to reboot, by just turning it off, and also by taking the battery out.
    Just went to clear the cache, there was nothing there, got my hopes up with that one, lol.

Anyone got anything else?

Thanks guys

5. Asuryan9

Ok gott it fixed.
    Apparently if you add dashes- to your callback number it prevents you from sending out texts,one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard of, but its fixed now, thanks!