HELP!!! Failed to boot 2, Starting RSD mode with locked BL

1. Quinton99

Quinton99 New Member

Hi All,

My Bell Atrix was rooted but not BL unlocked when I finally got tired of the pop up message wanting to update to the latest firmware and decided to let it update. I had checked a while back and I thought people were having no problem updating even though rooted.

If I remove and replace the battery the phone will boot up completely but then immediately re-boots before I can do anything and on the reboot it goes to the Failed to boot 2, Starting RSD mode screen and stays there.

Because this phone was not unlocked I'm not sure how to proceed. Can I use RSD lite to recover and if so, what files should I be looking to write.

I don't mind ending up with a BL unlocked phone as I had been intending to do that eventually, but just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

As far as what version I was at, the phone took a big update a month or two ago, and after a while wanted to do another update (the latest I assume). I had downloaded it (wasn't very big) and was only getting around to letting it install now when this happened.

I believe the update would have taken me to this:

System Version
    45.21.MB860.BellMobility.en.ca
    (previous: 45.2.17.MB860.BellMobility.en.ca)

Android version
    (previous: 2.3.4)

Webtop Version
    WT-1.2.0-167-BELL
    (previous: WT-1.2.0-135_BELL)

Kernel version
    wmb050@zbr05lnxdroid19 #2
    (previous: 2.6.32.9-00002-gd5bf03a
    wmb050@zbr05lnxdriod10 #2)

Build number
    4.5.2A-51_OLL-17.8
    (previous:4.5.2A-51_OLL-17)

I would appreciate any help at all, I'm afraid to do anything until I hear from someone with experience.

Advertisement
    :