Help finding a Music player with Disc showing!

Last Updated:

1. ishojtester

ishojtester New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello fellow android fanz

I'm sure you've heard or seen this question many times before, but this is a bit different..I hope :)

I'm looking for a music player which has disc showing . Like the original music player in the Samsung Galaxy S.

I just think it's simply awesome and I really digg it, but so far I haven't found any players on market yet, I've tried Meridian and etc, and they're all good but simply don't have this function :(

Please, can someone tell me if there is hope out there? :) Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

what do you mean "disc showing"? you mean the album art? the stock player does that, IF the art is embedded in the mp3's id3 tag.

3. ishojtester

Not exactly, people with Galaxy S can relate to this.

I've attached a screenshot, displaying this function:

Attached Files:

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

So you want to see a picture of a blank disc? I dont know why you would want that over the album art, but if you want to, take a jpg of a blank disc and make that the album art.

5. ishojtester

I guess you don't know this function. Therefore you wouldn't be able to help me on this search.

Try using the default music player on a Galaxy S, press menu and enter Disc showing then come back to me with a descent response. Thanks

6. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

So you want coverflow with discs showing instead of album art? Strange.

Well I know it is a feature coming to Mixzing.
    But thats to come in the future. For the "disc artwork" you could just tag an image of a disc to be the artwork for the album.

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Exactly what I told him, but apparantly thats not what he wants, even though thats the picture he showed.

Then please EXPLAIN the function you want. Either your English isn't very good, or you just dont know how to type correctly, because I dont understand what you want. You posted a picture of blank discs, and told me you wanted that. Again, I dont know why you would want to see pictures of blank discs when music players are made to show album art.

8. RichieHD

RichieHD Well-Known Member

No, that's what he wants and it's not a stupid request. I have a Vibrant and think the feature is neat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mz4YSv7-xU Skip to about 1:53. Do I use it like that all the time? Honestly, no. However, to call something you've never used stupid is a bit closed minded.

On topic, no. I haven't seen another player do that but If I stumble on one- I'll come back to this topic.

9. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

Who said stupid?

Anyways OP, after watching the video I can say their is not a market music player that will do that circle-select thing. I'd say your best bet is get friendly xda guy look into potentially porting the player out.

10. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I was going to ask the same thing. I never said it was a stupid request. I just wasnt sure why he would want to see blank discs when every other music player out there is made to show album art.

11. ishojtester

Thanks for alot RichieHD :)