Help Firmware Update Bricked PhoneSupport

Last Updated: 2012-01-19 03:27:05
  1. jmb1031

jmb1031 New Member

I was using Odin3 v1.85 to update my firmware to IS9100XWKK5 and it hung up at Writing Now. Now my phone just says"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again." with a picture of a phone on the left, then yellow triangle with ! and computer on right. I can boot the phone into download mode, but it won't connect to the my PC or mac. I plug it in, but Odin nor the PC recognize that a device has been connected. I have removed all of the samsung drivers, Kies, rebooted, and then tried re-installing the drivers, still not detected. I had clockwork mod recovery on my phone before doing this, but now I can't boot into recovery mode because it just boots to,"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again." I would REALLY appreciate any and all help

Advertisement
  2. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

Sprint Store should be able to flash your phone to a standard working ROM, no?
  3. jmb1031

jmb1031 New Member

Well I had it rooted, but was trying to update the firmware because my phone was asking me to update like 100 times a day.
  4. rbtrucking

rbtrucking Well-Known Member

Sprint will NOT do that when you root the phone you void the warranty. Also are you sure you were installing the right firmware? The model number to our phone is SPH-D710 the model number in the file you listed looks like it is for the international version. Which could DEF cause problems. I flashed a rom that was for the international version on my phone and almost bricked it. I couldnt get into recovery or anything either but by the grace of god it did connect to the computer in odin mode so I was able to flash back to stock. From what you are telling me it sounds like it might be bricked but I am no expert. I would go to Epic 4G Touch Q&A - xda-developers this site and ask them what to do they fixed me right up and I was sure I bricked my phone. Not to say this site isnt good but it is kinda slow when it comes to responses.
  5. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

Sprints official policy is that rooting your phone does NOT void your warranty, and the stores will work on your phone if it is rooted. If you go to a store and they give you a hard time about it, go to another one..
    and yes, you tried to apply an incorrect firmware update to your phone...
  6. munee

munee New Member

I tried to install a ROM from xda and my phone would only boot into download mode and I took it to sprint and they got it back to stock. And I was rooted. It took like 30 mins for them to do it but they did it. Don't go in announcing that your rooted, play dumb that's what I did lol!