help fix my evo!Support

Last Updated:

1. dannytech_lt

dannytech_lt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This phone is really begining to annoy me .. its already my second evo (my first evo the screen gave out)

for the past 15 minutes the phone has been restarting itself and i cant do anything.. when it loads up it sais loading and than itll just turn restart and do it over and over wtf is with this phone

Advertisement
  2. dannytech_lt

im noticing whenever task manager pops up on the left corner of my evo is when the phone stops and restarts.. ive used task manager to kill programs but i havent used it enough to have it affect the phone

3. unwallflower

unwallflower Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've read that task killers have been causing this problem for a few people.

Have you tried a battery pull?

You might need to do a hard reset.

4. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

If you can't get the phone responsive enough to uninstall the task killer then you will probably have to hard reset. Not aware of any "safe mode" for this platform that would allow you to do a selective boot and then uninstall. Chances are the task killer is automatically killing some essential process as soon as it starts. Hard reset is probably in order.

5. blu3g

blu3g Well-Known Member

Yeah, try a battery pull, and uninstall the task manager. You really don't need one. Never had to use one for my hero, and haven't had to use one for my evo.

6. jhale83

jhale83 Well-Known Member

Did you un-check the Mobile data always on box? If so, that might be causing it. This caused my phone to restart on it's own and checking that box again fixed the problem.

7. dannytech_lt

how do i do the hard reset power and volume? since the phone keeps restarting i cant get into the settings it doesnt even show up .. im trying to find it on my computer while opening up the folders on my computer but i cant find the settings for it

8. dannytech_lt

btw i did 2 battery pulls one was for like 5 minutes the other i did was like a 10 second pull than i put it back in.. still nothing im pretty sure the task manager is crashing my phone i just need a way 2 unistall it and i should b fine

9. berardi1111

berardi1111 Well-Known Member

If you want you can just disable autokill in your task manager

Also I would suggest avoiding installing apps like crazy unless you take the time to see how they work. Games are one thing but things like task killers that interfere with the system are only going to frustrate you if you don't take time to learn them.

10. unwallflower

Don't know if this works, but it's worth a try:

11. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Uninstall task manager
    Backup your crap
    Reset

12. dannytech_lt

easier said than done.. i cant unistall it cause i cant get into any of the phones settings unless i can find the folder when its mounted as disk drive and than look for the task manager folder on my desktop .. but i cant find it thats even if theres a spot to find it

13. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

If all else fails do a hard factory reset to set the phone to its "out of the box" settings once again.

Factory reset:

From the phone menu key in ##786 # then wait for the service screen to appear. Then touch the bottom menu key when you see reset appear on the bottom left of the screen touch on that. It will then ask for a password before it will allow the reset to happen, type in 535639 then hit OK the reset will now begin. Your SD card will not be erased you can leave it in the handset.

14. dannytech_lt

ughhh its not working by the time anything happens task manager comes up and closes everything down im so aggrevated right now im gonna break this phone

15. dannytech_lt

the only way i think i can MAYBE fix this damn phone since i cant hard reset it or anything is to find the file on my desktop.. you figure task manager loads up as soon as it can along with everything else but as soon as it pops up it auto kills and immatedly with no hesitation restarts the phone

If nothing else works i might have to go to best buy and get another one i have insurance on it but come on man 2 evos replaced in 3 weeks like really?

16. unwallflower

Did you start it up in safe mode like I posted?

If you refuse to do that, then you CAN hard reset. I'm not sure where you're getting this "I can't hard reset" crap.

Pull the battery. Put it back in. DO NOT TURN IT ON. Press and HOLD the volume down button. While holding, press power button. KEEP HOLDING VOLUME DOWN. Once the display turns on, you can let go of the volume down button. Use the volume up and down buttons to get to "clear storage". Now press the power button and it will hard reset.

17. dannytech_lt

IT WORKED!! IM SETTING EVERYTHING UP NOW .. i was skeptical to believe that task managers kill phones and i know lots of people had lots of opinions but being a person who dealt with the problem im gonna agree and say task managers are harmful