Help Flashing New ROMs

Last Updated:

1. enzo100

enzo100 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, I've been struggling to get my Nexus One up and running with the Sense UI. I unlocked the bootloader and rooted it (it all worked as far as I can tell) but whenever I try and flash a new ROM onto the phone I get the error E: no signature E: verification failed I have tried many different ROMs from Cyanogen mod and just a standard Nexus One ROM, but I've had no luck in getting this to work. Plus, when I just return to the original state, my WiFi is out of commision and as an AT&T subscriber (I have two lines so it's not the end of the world), I rely heavily on WiFi for my nexus. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I haven't been successful elsewhere.

Advertisement
  2. jblazea50

jblazea50 Well-Known Member

did you flash the recovery image after unlocking the bootloader?

also, you need to wipe everything after flashing the recovery image

here's the guide i used: Guide

doesn't have to be the cyanogen rom, you can use any rom

3. dckloos

dckloos Active Member

thats right...you need the latest recovery image first.....its done quickly thru cammand prompt....then flash your rom....i didnt need to wipe but i did do a nandroid backup before i flashed the new rom. unlockr.com has best direction plus video.......

4. dckloos

dckloos Active Member

oh and you will need the google apps add-on or you will be missing the market icon and all google apps.....iys not nec. but i use gmail a lot so i needed it. I also couldnt find any other way to get to the market....

5. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Depends on where he gets the rom. Modaco still packs the rom with the Google bits.