Help flashing ROM

Last Updated:

1. Duc monster hooligan

Duc monster hooligan Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I can't seem to be able to flash a ROM to my evo. I used Unrevoked, backed up with Titanium,then backed up with ROM manager. I tried downloading ROM's from my Mac and putting them in the root of my sd card to no avail. I thought maybe something on the Mac was messing it up so I downloaded straight from ROM manager..same thing. I went to "install from sd card" and checked both boxes, it starts to install for a second then stops. I click reboot and it reboots into the stock rooted ROM.
    Any idea why it won't flash? I probably tried 6 or 7 times now. I searched everywhere and just can't find an answer. Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

have you tried flashing only through rom manager or through recovery? what is your hboot version? recovery and version?

3. Duc monster hooligan

I've tried through ROM manager only. I guess I figured that it was just a quick way to get into recovery. My hboot is 0.97.0000. My s is off. Clockwork recovery is 2.5.0.1. I just tried through recovery instead of ROM manager...nothing.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

could it possibly be a corrupted recovery/clockwork? I had a similar issue with nandroid and flashed clockwork (avail over at xda or at unrevoked) and it fixed the issue

5. Duc monster hooligan

It appears that my hboot 0.97 isn't compatible with some ROM's. I'm not sure about downgrading to .76 yet. Are there any ROM's that work with .97? I'm dying to know. Thanks.

6. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

What roms are you trying to flash?

7. Duc monster hooligan

I've tried Fresh, Baked Snack and Cyanogen. I've downloaded them from ROM manager as well as my Mac..nothing works.