• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help Flashing the HTC Evo 4G please

Buhnanah

Lurker
Jan 23, 2011
I personally can't be paying around $100 a month with Sprint, so I want to flash my HTC to Boost Mobile. Can anyone give me a tutorial or something on how to? I know you have to get the MSL, change ESN, etc., but I don't know how to find those things, or how to do it. I know there's some people who charge you and do it, but I know I can do it myself if I knew how. Has anyone done it, and can explain to me?

Thanks.

careful with talk of esn cloning...last time it was brought up it was mentioned that discussion of this wasn't tolerated and that esn cloning was illegal. I don't know and don't care...just putting the warning out there for ya.

[GUIDE] HTC EVO on MetroPCS!! - xda-developers

HTC Evo 4G MetroPCS HOW TO! - xda-developers

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/110542-flashing-evo-cricket.html

if you search "metro" here in the Evo forum there is quite a bit of reading that comes up.

the only one I have seen successfully done was metro

keep in mind that you get what you pay for. I have seen more than one occasion where someone has flashed over to metro and then come back to sprint after a month or two.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones