• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help flashing verizon Lg-vs660 (vortex)

dmcd7782

Dec 4, 2011
After a few days of searching online I can't seem to find how to flash the lg-vs660 (vortex) over to metro pcs

1. Do I need to root the phone?
2. Is there a way to edit the Meid,Min etc to what i have on my working cell phone?
3. is there some type of software that can flash the phone? (for mac)
any feedback would be great

thank you

1. Yes, in order to flash a custom recovery, which is used to flash the new ROM, you do need to root your phone.

2. Changing the Meid and min on a phone is, I believe, illegal, unless you are talking about something else that I am missing. It would be easier to contact the carrier you got the Vortex from and have them give you a code to unlock your phone then activate it on you current carrier.

3. To root your phone you can use gingerbreak 1.2 and then use ROM manager to flash the custom recovery.

Upvote 0
1. Yes, in prefer to flash a custom recovery, which is used to flash the new ROM, you do need to root your phone.

2. Changing the Meid and min on a phone is, I believe, illegal, unless you are talking about something else that I am missing. It would be easier to contact the carrier you got the Vortex from and have them give you a code to unlock your phone then activate it on you current carrier.

3. To root your phone you can use gingerbreak 1.2 and then use ROM manager to flash the custom recovery.

ROM Manager has been known too have issues, so I wouldn't suggest it. An easier approach is too do it via ADB, Terminal App or, other methods that are available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones