• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Help] Flashing ViperSV_1.5.0 on my HTC ONE SV

eyegotskilz

Lurker
Sep 27, 2014
So in order this is how i Flash the ViperSV_1.5.0 Rom

1.Go into recovery (TWRP) go to Wipe do a factory reset and then go to advance Wipe Check all the boxes and Wipe.

2. I then go to Mount then Mount USB Storage and place the ViperSV_1.5.0.zip on my SD

3. I the go to install i select ViperSV_1.5.0.zip

4.The setting i choose Perform a full wipe, I don't select DeSense mod, I don't remove any apps and don't select keyboard.

5. The flash starts Its Checks Model ID(Success), It executes Full wipe , Says writing data the writing system, at writing system its stops at 83.00% (Extract:/system/media../weather_fog_night.mp4)

Sometimes its stops at different weather files but has never gone past 83.00%
I went to sleep and when i woke up it was stuck on the TWRP recovery loading screen so i took out the battery and tried a reboot but it just went to the quietly brilliant screen and stuck there, im guessing because the ROM didn't flash correctly and there isn't an OS

Please if you have a fix or think there is a fix reply i need of help

So in order this is how i Flash the ViperSV_1.5.0 Rom

1.Go into recovery (TWRP) go to Wipe do a factory reset and then go to advance Wipe Check all the boxes and Wipe.

2. I then go to Mount then Mount USB Storage and place the ViperSV_1.5.0.zip on my SD

3. I the go to install i select ViperSV_1.5.0.zip

4.The setting i choose Perform a full wipe, I don't select DeSense mod, I don't remove any apps and don't select keyboard.

5. The flash starts Its Checks Model ID(Succes), It executes Full wipe , Says writing data the writing system, at writing system its stops at 83.00% (Extract:/system/media../weather_fog_night.mp4)

Sometimes its stops at different weather files but has never gone past 83.00%
I went to sleep and when i woke up it was stuck on the TWRP recovery loading screen so i took out the battery and tried a reboot but it just went to the quietly brilliant screen and stuck there, im guessing because the ROM didn't flash correctly and there isn't an OS

Please if you have a fix or think there is a fix reply i need of help

well I had the exact same problem with the viper rom but it was because I was on the wrong variant. The SV is made slightly different for different carriers, so if you aren't on the right one then the flash won't work. Here's mythread http://androidforums.com/one-sv-all-things-root/863589-viperrom-logcat.html
As far as your OS being gone I'm not sure but you could try restoring from a backup or flashing the stock image. I mean if it's not there you have to replace it. Hope this helps.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
okay I have read that it does not work on k2_cl boost mobile. But I downloaded watched the youtube vid flashed it to my phone using twarp it stopped at 83% then would go no further . restarted my phone and it was on there fully don't get how or why if it does not work with k2_cl but and I know its another but my phone no longer had service it ran great on and with wifi but nothing else. it is no longer on phone but it worked sort of why is that? I am a noob at this kind of moding any help or info that is thrown my way is greatly appreciated. and are there any custom roms that work for the htc one sv on boost???? thanks

Upvote 0
okay I have read that it does not work on k2_cl boost mobile. But I downloaded watched the youtube vid flashed it to my phone using twarp it stopped at 83% then would go no further . restarted my phone and it was on there fully don't get how or why if it does not work with k2_cl but and I know its another but my phone no longer had service it ran great on and with wifi but nothing else. it is no longer on phone but it worked sort of why is that? I am a noob at this kind of moding any help or info that is thrown my way is greatly appreciated. and are there any custom roms that work for the htc one sv on boost???? thanks
There aren't any custom rooms for boost yet. I believe that there are some custom kernels though. As for how you got the viper rom to work, I'd like to know how. I hung at around 80 percent as well but it made no changes to my device when I rebooted.
But since you did get it to work, you might be able to flash the appropriate radios (I'm still too much of a noob to explain how, and I've never done it) and restore your service. As far asas can tell "radios" are specific part of the firmware dedicated to wireless communications. I do know that there are separate radios for WiFi and phone service, and maybe some others as well.

Reactions: frosthax1
Upvote 0
theres custom stock roms but it doesnt go much farther than that unless you want to try my modified backup but your going to have to fix your phone buddy.

viper will flash but its not meant for boost.im suprised you didnt get the processor failing error and it booted normally for you.you got lucky lol
i would suggest using the flashable by simon for k2_cl boost and then follow my guide on the all about root for 4.2.2 itll get you soff and then you can work from there on fixing yourself

heres the flashable i mentioned,good luck.if you need anything else dont be afraid to ask

4.1.2 k2_cl simon boost flashable zip

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sees
Is it true that there aren't any good custom ROMs for the K2-CL?

I just finished rooting mine (pain in the ass process — not many resources out there for Mac folks), and am looking for a ROM that speeds my phone up and gets rid of all the damn bloatware. Not seeing much out there for this phone. What's the deal with simon_boost_flashable?
Simon_boost_flashable was to help the other guy who had erases his OS (I think... I didn't reread it :) I can tell you for sure it's not a custom rom. If you'd like to debloat there are a couple options. 1) since you're rooted you can find an app that will delete system apps ( there are a lot that will). There was a thread about a deodexed stock rom by Lordvincent 90 that contains a list of things you can probably remove with no troubles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sees

Simon_boost_flashable was to help the other guy who had erases his OS (I think... I didn't reread it :) I can tell you for sure it's not a custom rom. If you'd like to debloat there are a couple options. 1) since you're rooted you can find an app that will delete system apps ( there are a lot that will). There was a thread about a deodexed stock rom by Lordvincent 90 that contains a list of things you can probably remove with no troubles.

Thanks for the lead, I'll see if I can find that post.

Honestly, the hardest part about learning to mod a device is sifting through all of the information [in search of information that's actually relevant to your device]! :) I'll keep looking. :)

Upvote 0
Honestly, the hardest part about learning to mod a device is sifting through all of the information [in search of information that's actually relevant to your device]! :) I'll keep looking. :)

Quoted for truth! :)

(but the knowledge and understanding you gain is so rewarding and valuable)

:) :) :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones