• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help for galaxy S microphone replacement

sakibchy

Lurker
Nov 29, 2011
Hi
i have been a unlucky owner of this handset as its screen was cracked and while replacing with a new one , the guy who were doing that accidently damaged the tiny microphone of my handset. they microphone was connected with the flex cable by a tiny ribon , now the ribon is cutted . vibrator and sensors and home button is working only the microphone is damaged. ANYONE please let me know can i just install a microphone or i have to buy entire bottom flex cable ?? please Help me

( i have uploaded a pic of microphone connector , please note that in my phone the microphone are torn disconnectd from main bottom flex cable )

Attachments

• SAMF-I9000-1.jpg
    SAMF-I9000-1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 49
From the looks of that assembly, looks like you would need to replace that entire microphone assembly. It's not easy to just replace a flex cable, unless the pins are lined up like a ribbon to solder down to the PWB (printed wiring board). The soldering itself may damage the plastic insulation on the flex cable, the PWB surface, or heat transfer from the solder iron to the pins to any connecting device if the solder iron temperature is set too high.

If the screen replacement was done at a repair shop, then they should fix it.

Good luck.

Reactions: sakibchy
Upvote 0
From the looks of that assembly, looks like you would need to replace that entire microphone assembly. It's not easy to just replace a flex cable, unless the pins are lined up like a ribbon to solder down to the PWB (printed wiring board). The soldering itself may damage the plastic insulation on the flex cable, the PWB surface, or heat transfer from the solder iron to the pins to any connecting device if the solder iron temperature is set too high.

If the screen replacement was done at a repair shop, then they should fix it.

Good luck.
thankz dcotee, i appreciate the help ,actually i myself was thinking about replacing the whole bottom flex cable but point is since my display has already been fixed and it permanently glued so replacing the sensors and home buttom would be tricky. and my entire bottom flex cable is working fine ( manu and back button, vibrating motor and home button ) only the microphone ribon is shattered . So i was actually wondering if i only could replace the microphone . but thankz anyway... i will send my phone to where it was taken to screen replacement

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones