Help for motorola fire xt 531

Last Updated: 2012-10-11 20:21:52
  1. varun1989

varun1989 New Member

Hi all, I am new to this forum and this is my first thread. Please let me know if there are any custom roms or good SBFs for motorola fire XT 531. MOTO UI is not at all good and it lags a lot. Thanks and cheers:eek:

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hey Varun - sorry that you don't seem to have had any response... I only assume that your phone must be relatively new and there aren't so many members who have it. I am not familiar with your phone, so can only provide limited help for you.

After quite a bit of searching on the net, here is the only info I've been able to get that may be of interest to you:

I have found a tutorial on rooting the phone - The Easiest (and the safest) way for rooting Motoroal Fire XT (2.3.4 & 2.3.5). If you confirm that this root method works, then I can add a link in the root sticky :)

I have also found this thread, asking for Developers for the Moto Fire... it details rooting/unrooting various models (including yours), but it does say that there are no ROM's at present for the phone.

Sorry that this prolly isn't the answer you wanted :(
  3. varun1989

varun1989 New Member

Hi D,
    The root method worked fine. This model is old but couldnt get support of developers anywhere. Thanx a lot for providing this info at one place. I rooted my phone and applied european SBF. Its some what betr than the Indian version. :)
  4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

No problem - sorry that I couldn't get you a ROM :)