• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help for motorola fire xt 531

Hey Varun - sorry that you don't seem to have had any response... I only assume that your phone must be relatively new and there aren't so many members who have it. I am not familiar with your phone, so can only provide limited help for you.

After quite a bit of searching on the net, here is the only info I've been able to get that may be of interest to you:

I have found a tutorial on rooting the phone - The Easiest (and the safest) way for rooting Motoroal Fire XT (2.3.4 & 2.3.5). If you confirm that this root method works, then I can add a link in the root sticky :)

I have also found this thread, asking for Developers for the Moto Fire... it details rooting/unrooting various models (including yours), but it does say that there are no ROM's at present for the phone.

Sorry that this prolly isn't the answer you wanted :(

Upvote 0
Hey Varun - sorry that you don't seem to have had any response... I only assume that your phone must be relatively new and there aren't so many members who have it. I am not familiar with your phone, so can only provide limited help for you.

After quite a bit of searching on the net, here is the only info I've been able to get that may be of interest to you:

I have found a tutorial on rooting the phone - The Easiest (and the safest) way for rooting Motoroal Fire XT (2.3.4 & 2.3.5). If you confirm that this root method works, then I can add a link in the root sticky :)

I have also found this thread, asking for Developers for the Moto Fire... it details rooting/unrooting various models (including yours), but it does say that there are no ROM's at present for the phone.

Sorry that this prolly isn't the answer you wanted :(
Hi D,
The root method worked fine. This model is old but couldnt get support of developers anywhere. Thanx a lot for providing this info at one place. I rooted my phone and applied european SBF. Its some what betr than the Indian version. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones