Help for new owner of X10.Support

Last Updated:

1. Siborg0_0

Siborg0_0 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks. Having just purchased my X10 yesterday and starting a new contract with a new number i would like to send my new number to all my phonebook contacts. I cant seem to work out how to add multiple contacts or indeed to "select all" as i have done on previous phones. Any help would be most welcome.

Regards Simon

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hello Simon and welcome to the world of the X10.

There is an app called Ciacs Contact Sender which is a free app from the android market which lets you send a business card contact.

The other way to do it is to send multiple SMS messages to your contacts. The stock SMS app does let you do this but its a bit long winded. You have to start typing the first couple of letters in the To box then select from the drop down, this on mine at least then defaults you to the Text box so you then have to click back on the To box and type in the first couple of letters..... do you see where I'm going with this!?

So my solution is to download an app from the market. I favour Handcent SMS, this lets you send group messages by a tick box selection. A word of warning on this and other apps like it, you need to have your contacts mobile number as the first in your list in the phone book so you have mobile, then maybe work, home etc - otherwise Handcent and the like don't see it as an SMS contact. It takes a bit of fiddling around with to start off with but it is a one off job.

Other people speak highly of Chomp SMS too. They are both free so download them and have a play. Just remember whichever one you keep you need to turn off the notifications in the stock app otherwise you will get two each time you get a message.

Sorry this is turning into a bit of an epic.... some people have reported problems sending multiple texts in that only the first few get them. I haven't but I only text probably 5 people max at a time. So just keep an eye on it to see that they have gone through.

I will leave you in peace now, any more probs fire away!

Siborg0_0 likes this.
  3. Siborg0_0

Siborg0_0 New Member This Topic's Starter

Cant thank you enough rosered. Downloaded Handcent SMS and all sorted now. What a great forum this is and i thank you for taking the time out to reply :):):)
    If i have any other questions this place will be my first choice.
    Si