• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help for the newbie...may need to backup, wipe, restore

nyrieland

Lurker
Feb 24, 2011
Help needed!:eek: I spent a few hours downloading apps last night and as of this morning my phone is sooooo slow, at times unresponsive and I couldn't even answer an incoming call today (blank, black screen). The problem comes and goes but nevertheless it's annoying :mad: and frankly it's freaking me out. I thought it was some live wallpaper i installed and set so I changed my wallpaper (no more swimming fishies...boohoo :() and I got a little better (may just be my imagination) but I'm fearing the worst so I think I need to back up, wipe the phone clean and restore. I got a little info in the way of instructions how to do it from another thread but since I'm a newbie, and regretably not very tech saavy :thinking:, I need someone to point me to a concise, easy to understand, step-by-step (ok, for the record I went to college...not an idiot entirely but when it comes to this stuff..."uh.duh.waa?":thinking:) instructions on how to safely backup everything, not just the contacts via verizon but the app backup via google, and then wipe the phone clear and then restore everything.

If someone would be so kind as to help me I would give them a kitten or wash their car or pay someone from their city to wash their car or, well nevermind all that I'll just be your best friend (and perhaps start a rapport with you where I will send you endless emails with ?s and ask you for your advice or opinion until I am a master D2 user...what are best friends for, ya know?:D).

Much obliged and thank you in advance, Nyrieland :p

PS. This forum is so much easier to use then droidforums.net. I registered right away. Had to put that out there.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones